Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

People are definitely looking for grass cutters now... Wahoo!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have put out my letters for renewal for 2013 grass cutting season. I need a couple of slots filled, as I had some house sales since end of 2012 season -- young families moving into a property where an older couple lived before.

We are clearly behind the 2012 season start. My first cuts in 2012 were March 21. I know we won't be working in another nine days. I expect this season to have a start that is typical, April 1-5 for me. Last year, it was good to get a jump on the mowing work before April 1.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone interested in cleaning up and maintaining the vacant/fenced-in self car wash on Penn Ave in Wilkinsburg? (1035 Penn Ave?)

I got a call yesterday from "Florida Equity". They need it cleaned up.
Apparently they got a notice about the weeds/trash and are looking to have it kept to code.
I looked today. It's pretty simple, but I don't have a license to spray and I'd imagine that will be key during the warmer months, so I'm going to pass on it.

If interested, PM me and I'll give you the number.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Anyone interested in cleaning up and maintaining the vacant/fenced-in self car wash on Penn Ave in Wilkinsburg? (1035 Penn Ave?)

I got a call yesterday from "Florida Equity". They need it cleaned up.
Apparently they got a notice about the weeds/trash and are looking to have it kept to code.
I looked today. It's pretty simple, but I don't have a license to spray and I'd imagine that will be key during the warmer months, so I'm going to pass on it.

If interested, PM me and I'll give you the number.
To be honest, that sounds fishy to me... Especially it being vacant but perhaps I'm wrong about that. I'd be interested if it's a guaranteed thing but there's no way of knowing if it's legitimate.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
To be honest, that sounds fishy to me... Especially it being vacant but perhaps I'm wrong about that. I'd be interested if it's a guaranteed thing but there's no way of knowing if it's legitimate.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I'm strictly residential at the moment, and while I'd like to work in some small commercial jobs, I don't have the experience to know how to handle these things.
Typically, if someone from out of town calls for a job, I want payment up front, but I doubt they'd be agreeable. Like I said, I can't spray, and that's going to be half the battle there, so it's not even worth looking into any further.

Just thought I'd toss it out there. I'm calling tomorrow to let her know I'm not interested.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressedun View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
You'll know its legit if they send the money up front. If it's not up to code and they continue to get fines, it's in there best interest to pay ahead rather than continuing to find somebody new on CL and not pay them which is what many try to do.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Yeah, I'm strictly residential at the moment, and while I'd like to work in some small commercial jobs, I don't have the experience to know how to handle these things.
Typically, if someone from out of town calls for a job, I want payment up front, but I doubt they'd be agreeable. Like I said, I can't spray, and that's going to be half the battle there, so it's not even worth looking into any further.

Just thought I'd toss it out there. I'm calling tomorrow to let her know I'm not interested.
If you have a Paypal account have them deposit the money before you do the job. Assuming you're talking about spraying weeds, and I could be wrong, but can't you use organic weed killer without a license?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

spring doesnt look to be anywhere in sight
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Old 03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
If you have a Paypal account have them deposit the money before you do the job. Assuming you're talking about spraying weeds, and I could be wrong, but can't you use organic weed killer without a license?

I don't have a Paypal account.
Hmmm... never thought of that. I was considering signing up with "Square" on the off chance someone ever wanted to pay by credit card, but that wouldn't do me any good unless it's being done in person. (Unless I'm mistaken)

I'm honestly not sure if organic weed killer is regulated. Does it even work?
It generally seems that the closer to "nuclear waste" the better when it comes to killing weeds.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting an account is very easy. Visit their website. They also have a reader similar to "Square". From what I understand organic fertilizer, weed killer, etc... is not regulated and is becoming very popular.

Tags
n'at!