Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
I disagree there. There is a big difference in quality of the mass produced Carry-On from Lowes or Tractor Supply, and a Carry-On built for a trailer only dealer. Much more care in the detail of the build aspect. My Carry-On is from Lowes, and suits me fine and its quality is fair, but compared to the larger trailers Carry-On makes, it's not up to par. PJ trailers are great, but honestly no difference in quality with the larger trailers. I've seen both being used commercially, and they both are great trailers. It's like trying to compare Ford and Lincoln, same exact thing, one might just have more bells and whistles haha
Posted via Mobile Device

Those bells and whistles are nice. Real nice. A lot of standard upgrades. My 6.5x12 was bought from a trailer dealer. I haven't just seen both used commercially, I have owned and used both commercially. Big upgrade. But to each his own. One just needs his equipment to do what he expects.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoxtrot9 View Post
Those bells and whistles are nice. Real nice. A lot of standard upgrades. My 6.5x12 was bought from a trailer dealer. I haven't just seen both used commercially, I have owned and used both commercially. Big upgrade. But to each his own. One just needs his equipment to do what he expects.
Just my opinion. I'd take a PJ over a Carry-On, but I'm happy with my trailer, especially just starting out, I didn't even have a trailer last year! Ha. The reason I said I have seen is because my dad has uses a Carry-On dump down in AZ and its a very well built trailer. Beat the hell out of it with skidsteers and it just keeps trucking. He left a early 90s PJ up here but it's just collecting rust. If it had some TLC it'd be a great trailer, but no title, so I bought my own trailer. My next open will definitely be a PJ.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoxtrot9 View Post
Sister companies or not, Carry-On trailers are no where near PJ Trailers in regards to build or quality. I have owned both. There is zero comparison. This is not to bash Carry-On. Just stating the facts so no one were to consider otherwise.

Rootytalbot, good purchase! You'll be glad you paid the extra.
Thanks brother. I'm proud of it.