Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

herler is a fool, period!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, I have read this entire thread, and I have to say that most posters are of the right mindset. There are a few misinformed guys posting here though, and they are mainly from libertard states (or countries that have far left gov't's) that portray everyone with a gun as being a right wing extremist. That's just BS, plain and simple.

Then, there is herler. He is apparently not from this planet, so his opinions rarely coincide with anyone else's, and he rarely knows what goes on in the real world outside of his realm of existence.

I carry a S&W 4506 everywhere, and every time I leave the house, even if it is just to the end of my road. If you don't carry ALL the time, the one time you will need it is the one time you won't have it.

There has been some information posted here about carrying in various states, but it doesn't apply to every state. The laws vary state to state, and the one thing that applies to all people in all states is- KNOW THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE.

Those who think there's no need to carry are more times than not the victims we all hear or read about. Situational awareness is something we should all practice religiously. Having a means to defend ourselves is just common sense that is not only our God given right, it is our duty if we have anyone at all that cares about us, or depends on us such as our spouse and children.

I mow a church property and have permission to carry at all times anywhere on their property, including inside the building. I have it in writing and laminated and carry it with my CPL at all times.

I have carried concealed for a very long time. I hope I never have to shoot anyone, but I am prepared to do so if I have to. I should not have to worry about being attacked anywhere, but these days no one can predict when and/or where it will happen. It happens all the time in nice areas, so those who don't think they have anything to worry about are fooling themselves.
The woman who just shot that POS down south while defending her children and herself IN HER OWN HOME probably never thought she'd have to either. Especially in a nice subdivision like that.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

should I carry while mowing? Has exmark come up with a holster that fits a 48" WB yet? Just wanna be ready for any situation. Seriously, you guys do get a little amped up, lol.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There's nothing "amped up" about being prepared and standing up for what is morally right.

You're free to choose to let someone else take what is legally and rightfully yours, or your life for that matter. I am fine with that. I choose not to, and you should be fine with that.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We're not asking you guys to carry quite frankly if you don't know how to use a gun very accurately then you shouldn't carry. I had my permit and my gun for almost a year practicing before I carried. That is part of safe gun ownership in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I try to avoid the bad parts of town but sometimes you have to drive through them to get to the other good parts. A couple years back I was driving through and randomly got shot at(see attached picture) That is the A pillar. About 2 inches either way and I would have caught that round in the face. It sounded loud as hell. Like someone hit the vehicle with a hammer. Called the cops. They took about 20 minutes to arrive, then took a statement and basically said this area is going to hell and I should celebrate by purchasing a lotto ticket because this was my lucky day. Now I carry when in those areas.

About 6 blocks from where this happened, a guy went to Walgreens to buy some ice cream for his kids and had a couple punks come in a start waiving around a shotgun. Customer pulled out his Concealed Carry 1911. Killed the robber with the shotgun and was NOT charged with anything!!! The inner cities are going to hell. But Times are changing. People are sick of being victims and waiting for the police to show up. All those who think CCW doesn't work should go to youtube and search for "Armed Citizens"
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
We're not asking you guys to carry quite frankly if you don't know how to use a gun very accurately then you shouldn't carry. I had my permit and my gun for almost a year practicing before I carried. That is part of safe gun ownership in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. Some, I could even say most, are not fit to carry. I practice and train every week. It really is a commitment and way of life. I was brought up around safe gun practices as are my children.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, what a biz.

Gonna be tough trying to throw down stripes with bullets wizzin' by.

Civilization 2013.

Stay safe out there, if possible.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

For a second there I thought you were going to post a pic of a bullet hole on your mower LOL, Just be aware and be safe out there, there's crazies everywhere these days, if you wanna carry by all means do so, I served 10 years for your right to do that, if you don't by all means don't, That's your right too!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
For a second there I thought you were going to post a pic of a bullet hole on your mower LOL, Just be aware and be safe out there, there's crazies everywhere these days, if you wanna carry by all means do so, I served 10 years for your right to do that, if you don't by all means don't, That's your right too!
Thanks for serving bro!