Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My idea this year, is to setup the work for the season and bump a few days from time to time because of rain, but mostly I hope to let them run their course. We leave in the schedule for rain delays anyways, so say it rains Wed, I bump everything over a day and they just have to take a different day off, or I have part timer fill in. Going to be a bit to get it all set up, but hopefully will run a lot smoother.

Jason
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
Still working out a few mobile issues, and once in awhile I'll print out the route sheets, but usually just use mobile. Tried it last season a bit near the end and it's a lot better now - easier to track times etc. Yes, it's $15 per additional user, but I believe you can have up to 4 users on the pro account.
I used the mobile last year with decent success.

I tried it back in December after the update, and it worked like crap

I just tried it today, it's better but still has errors. I "completed" a job and it did not record the end time properly. I recorded it as midnight or noon. It was 3:29 pm. So that's not going to make accurate hourly billing.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I haven't had any issues with the mobile clocking times correctly. They usually match up to the gps within a minute or two.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Im new to SAP and still a couple weeks away from starting work (snow still falling) and I am planning on 4 of my crews to use mobiles for time tracking. I keep reading what you guys are saying and I am trying to be optimistic that they are going to work properly? Am I dreaming?

I have emailed several estimates and had a few accepted which I think is a great feature. Also the program is forcing me to put all my lead info in to the system like I should have been doing for years. No more scrap pieces of paper to get lost !!!

But as far as the mobile job tracking, I hope it works! I have not tried it yet on a dummy account.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I have not had problems with clock in and out with the mobile. But I also do not use the clocking in and out for billing hourly work.

I looked over jobber and it looks really good but just doesnt have all the feature that SA has. It proably will have a lot of SA feature within the next 2 years. Looks like they just got $500k from an investor. Their Quickbooks Sync has a long ways to go though.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does that mean you can have 4 users without paying the 15/month with the pro version?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

The mobile for SAP works pretty well for me. One thing I've found though is you need to re-login each time you arrive at a job and each time you leave a job. Otherwise it doesn't record the times properly (Or atleast it doesn't on my iphone). Otherwise its been working pretty well.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I believe it is 15.00 per for each additonal user no matter which package you have. At least that is what I found on their website.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
The mobile for SAP works pretty well for me. One thing I've found though is you need to re-login each time you arrive at a job and each time you leave a job. Otherwise it doesn't record the times properly (Or atleast it doesn't on my iphone). Otherwise its been working pretty well.
Really? Sounds like a pain in the azz. Especially cause my guys will be on the clock logging in and out! Theres another wasted man hour!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Never had that issue with guys needing to log in and out all the time. You might want to call them on that.
Posted via Mobile Device