Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
I guess I should have got the 36 but I ordered a 32 today... Oh we'll if it has as much power as the 37 DFI it will have plenty
Posted via Mobile Device
Please come back and tell us what you think, I am saying you will be well satisfied with your choice.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Please come back and tell us what you think, I am saying you will be well satisfied with your choice.
Will do...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I guess I should have got the 36 but I ordered a 32 today... Oh we'll if it has as much power as the 37 DFI it will have plentyPosted via Mobile Device
I think you'll be happy.
BTW- If it had as much power as the 37 DFI, no one would buy the 37
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I think you'll be happy.
BTW- If it had as much power as the 37 DFI, no one would buy the 37
Let me rephrase that, if it has as much torque as the 37 I will be happy... The 37 DFI only has 54 ftlbs... It's a big bore with short stroke.... Which creates power but not as much torque as a long stroke...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They look about equal in that regard. The Kawi is 3.5" X 3.15" B/S. The 32 Vangaurd is 3.37" X 3.07" B/S, so the ratio's are close to the same.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
They look about equal in that regard. The Kawi is 3.5" X 3.15" B/S. The 32 Vangaurd is 3.37" X 3.07" B/S, so the ratio's are close to the same.
The Vanguard is balanced and has lightweight pistons, that creates more power and torque and they engine is smoother.... I don't know if it has as much power but there have been two or three people tell me that have run the 37 kawasaki and the 32 vanguard that the vanguard felt as strong or stronger.... I can't say becuase I haven't ran both but I have the 37 DFI and it has plenty power but its a gas hog... But in all honesty I'm comparing that to my Ferris 2000 with a 25 kawasaki.... So it's not a fair comparison with the 3100 having bigger pumps for the 37 kawasaki to run and bigger tires to pull.... And the 3100 seems to have a higher blade tip speed... I know the pulleys on the deck are smaller than my 2000s deck pulleys....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are a few guys on here that run the same unit you bought. One is Greyst1 IIRC his forum name correctly. I haven't seen him posting in a while, but I know he loves his. I think you'll be very happy unless you get into cutting field type/height grass regularly.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I never cut much tall grass... Just damp sometimes
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The Vanguard is balanced and has lightweight pistons, that creates more power and torque and they engine is smoother.... I don't know if it has as much power but there have been two or three people tell me that have run the 37 kawasaki and the 32 vanguard that the vanguard felt as strong or stronger.... I can't say becuase I haven't ran both but I have the 37 DFI and it has plenty power but its a gas hog... But in all honesty I'm comparing that to my Ferris 2000 with a 25 kawasaki.... So it's not a fair comparison with the 3100 having bigger pumps for the 37 kawasaki to run and bigger tires to pull.... And the 3100 seems to have a higher blade tip speed... I know the pulleys on the deck are smaller than my 2000s deck pulleys....
Posted via Mobile Device
I see the compression ratio's are very close too. The 32 is 8.2:1 and the 37 is 8.4:1. The 32 should perform very similarly, just on a smaller scale due to less cc's.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I never cut much tall grass... Just damp sometimes
Posted via Mobile Device
That gy I just mentioned posted a good review of his when he bought it back in late 2011 IIRC. Do a search using his name and you should be able to find it. I know he posted pics, and the cut is excellent.