Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah i guess its just the same turn I take each time that is causing it I believe
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I pull up driving a non-billboard and do all the work myself. Sharp blades, attention to detail...and I'm extremely reliable. I dig ALL my customers...and have done so since I got rid of my last PITA a couple/few yrs ago.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm always trying to save the client money. I try to present a few different options when I can that usually have different prices.

if you nickle and dime them to death eventually they won't have enough nickels and dimes to keep you around. the more money you safe them the more money they have to keep you around.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenUtah View Post
For us, these are the things that always made us stand out like a sore thumb,even in the busiest of urban markets:

- Clean trucks and equipment
- All employees professionally uniformed. Not T-shirts. Actual button down white short sleeves with khaki pants from a uniform service. Always clean, always pressed. No one operating power equipment allowed in shorts and definitely no one shirtless "working on a tan".
- All lawns edged weekly with a blade edger. No ramp trimming allowed..EVER.
- Nothing blown away from the property. Everything back onto the turf.
- No clumps. No trash.
- Mow lines alternated weekly anywhere that we can.
- No smoking on property or in trucks.

Always behave like you are being watched, because you are. If you want the opportunities that pros get, behave like one.
Well Said! I agree
Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I rock a fauxhawk
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Member

All starts with customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by christw View Post
What are some ways you guys set yourself apart from the competition? Its a noisy world and theres probably 50 other landscaping companies in your area, How do you set yourself apart from the pack?
Develop relationships and good habits:

First establish good working relationships with LOCAL Nursery, Chemical, Supply places (Mulch, cover, etc), equipment dealerships.

These relationships are very important to deliver great customer service to your customers because they are your support team and will provide great service to you.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=JustRidinAlong;4716196]Develop relationships and good habits:

First establish good working relationships with LOCAL Nursery, Chemical, Supply places (Mulch, cover, etc), equipment dealerships.

THAT IS GREAT ADVICE! What is you best approach on doing that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Green-Man;4716206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRidinAlong View Post
Develop relationships and good habits:

THAT IS GREAT ADVICE! What is you best approach on doing that?
Posted via Mobile Device

These are your vendors and good vendors stand by their products. (If not, find a new one).

These products allow you to conduct your business effectively, efficiently, and profitably.

Having relationships with your select vendors will save you exponentially over time in headache, time wasted, runarounds, excuses and price.

For example: your go to nursery may have a tray of a certain flower that is $2 more than that stand you drove by yesterday when you were over on the other side of town BUT, the owner of your go to nursery may meet at 6:30 in morning and have everything ready to go for your when you show up so you can get to that big job you just landed.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=JustRidinAlong;4716426]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post

These are your vendors and good vendors stand by their products. (If not, find a new one).

These products allow you to conduct your business effectively, efficiently, and profitably.

Having relationships with your select vendors will save you exponentially over time in headache, time wasted, runarounds, excuses and price.

For example: your go to nursery may have a tray of a certain flower that is $2 more than that stand you drove by yesterday when you were over on the other side of town BUT, the owner of your go to nursery may meet at 6:30 in morning and have everything ready to go for your when you show up so you can get to that big job you just landed.
Awesome, I understood that part though I was going more towards how do you establish that relationship? I see it's usually the guys who spend big $ at these places are the ones who have relationships. What do you do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quality work, quality customer service, etc. A professional image, always cleaned up when meeting clients (there are so many industry sh!theads, being dressed well will set your company apart). the best looking advertising pieces, an exceptional website. And that I'm a month and a half away from graduating with a degree in Horticulture.
Posted via Mobile Device