Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I saw that one and it is tempting, but having all these Stihl attachments that go on my 90 is making me lean heavily towards the 130 or 250. I found a darn good deal on a 250, so I may go and get it.

I know Stihl said not to use the attachments on their 250, but I've chatted with several guys who do since I started looking around again, and they haven't had any problem doing it. Maybe I won't either. It isn't like I will use them all the time. I just want to be able to when I need to (mainly the pole pruner head, which would be nice being driven by the 250), without fear of trashing them.

Shoot, if it weren't for these heads I have, I'd prolly already have the Husky 335. I like their tools very much, and I found a few for $399.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
husqvarna 326 2 stroke. light powerful and affordable all day long. Never breaks down. never ever.
Thanks al. If I was going to go with a ~comparable trimmer to what I have now...this Husky would be a SURE contender. Just looking for a nice step up in power to compliment my FS-80.

Hell, I may go this route anyway...time will tell.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Thanks al. If I was going to go with a ~comparable trimmer to what I have now...this Husky would be a SURE contender. Just looking for a nice step up in power to compliment my FS-80.

Hell, I may go this route anyway...time will tell.
Seems like for what you want, the RM BCZ3050S would be a good choice. 1.4HP and just over 12 LBS.

I see echo doesn't have the guts to show the HP anymore, just the cc's. The cc's don't mean anything if the carb doesn't feed it well enough to produce power.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Seems like for what you want, the RM BCZ3050S would be a good choice. 1.4HP and just over 12 LBS.

I see echo doesn't have the guts to show the HP anymore, just the cc's. The cc's don't mean anything if the carb doesn't feed it well enough to produce power.
This 3050 is basically priced the same as a 110 with essentially identical power (on paper)...& so for $40 more bucks I could step up to a 130 and gain another 1/2 hp!?! The 130 is quite appealing I gotta say.

I also noticed that about Echo. Weird, huh.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I believe that the 130 has all the power I need for what I want, but I hate the way the 4 mixer's don't rev smoothly from idle to full throttle. I can hold my 90 at 1/3 throttle for a few seconds, then it either dies off or jumps up. That pisses me off when trying to trim or edge near cars. That is the only thing keeping me from jumping all over a 130 right now.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That concerns me as well. Seems a fairly common complaint about these 4Mix trimmers, too.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I had the Fs80R I swore I would never buy a different trimmer again. So after they disappeared, I bought 2 Redmax BCZ2650S and will never buy a different trimmer again..Light, power and quiet That's using it on average size lawns about 60 to 70 a week. Yes the guard comes off right away. That's just how I like it.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk
That concerns me as well. Seems a fairly common complaint about these 4Mix trimmers, too.
I really don't get why they do it either. The blowers don't. They are smooth as silk.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i love my fs 90r s. put blades on em and youll be able to do just as much as the 130's and 250's ALMOST. once you get used to them, they are not hard to feather at all. I love the 4 mix, and the great fuel economy..

14 Years old
Old 03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am not exactly new to this, and I know how to run one. I've had mine for a couple years now, and the trigger never gets easier to feather. There are tons of guys posting the same thing about them both here and on youtube. It isn't in everybody's imagination. You may have gotten lucky and bought one that works more like it should, or maybe you simply haven't run enough different ones to realize the difference yet since you're still quite young. They are easy on fuel for sure.

Yes, the blade makes a difference in tough weeds, but only to the same degree that it does on the 130 and 250. The 90 pulls the pole pruner pretty darn well, but time is money and the 130 and 250 will both pull the pole pruner better in thick limbs.