Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone downsize there tractor?

I currently have a mahindra 2615 with 700ish hrs on it.Its a great tractor.I recently got a skid loader. Since i got the skid i never use the tractor for any dirt work. I was thinking of selling the tractor, and buying a kubota bx2200 that i found a good deal on.Reason being, I can probally put a about 4000 in my pocket on the value difference on something im not useing that much, and i think the smaller tractor would be a better fit. I think it is small enough to put on some sidewalks for snow removal, it has a belly deck for a back up lawn mower if needed, can do all the same 3 pt hitch task as the mahindra, lighter for any work on existing lawns, maybe get a aerater for it and offer that. Any thoughts, I know most ppl's mindsets are big=better, but i have the skid for bigger. Also whats some thoughts on values mahindra 2616 FEL 700ish hrs hydrostatic condition is ok paints a little faded, headlight busted,hood bent and little, glass in dash broke. kubota bx 2200 FEL belly deck 1200ish hrs its ok to paint is really faded,tires a little dryroted,needs seat. I was thinking clean mine up some fix some stuff around $8000 i think i can get the kubota for about 4000.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also how big of a tiller,landscape rake,and bushogg do you think the bx2200 can handle?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutbetterthanyou View Post
Also how big of a tiller,landscape rake,and bushogg do you think the bx2200 can handle?
This may help.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...tachments.html
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, i guess thats another factor then. I cant really get away with using my same att. from my mahindra.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The kubota bx line has very low ground clearance, thus very limited lift height on the 3 point hitch! They are fine homeowner machines but not very practical in the realm of commercial landscaping!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone think 4000 is cheap enough to buy and flip it for a quick buck?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutbetterthanyou View Post
Does anyone think 4000 is cheap enough to buy and flip it for a quick buck?

Likley you could, tractor prices are all over the place.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What size skid did you buy ? In your area I wouldnt bush hog anything with out a cab unless its during the winter. You guys have some really agressive insects down there. Chiggers, green heads , no see ums and on and on. Each piece has its own place in our industry , its really nice to have both if you can. Our 3240 Kubota sits alot but come aeration time it rolls, we also run a 36" debris blower on it for leaves and plow in the winter , if and when we get snow.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a deere 2720 and I love it, I got it because its smaller and I can use it a lot for work on turf like spreading mulch at condos and I got a backhoe on it for doing plantings and small drainage work. I use it a couple days everyweek I find my skidsteer spends more time at the shop. I think for my operation buying a smaller tractor was a great investment.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I had a kubota l3410 tractor with a 9 foot backhoe with 2000 hours on it and a old six ton equipment trailer to move it. I have a very small landscaping company and it seemed like I was spending more time cleaning up after it then working with it. I sold the tractor and trailer, and bought a brand new Massey ferguson gc 2500 tlb and a new 14ft landscape trailer to move it, it was the best move I ever made, it's easy to move, easy on turf, lifts and digs nicely. It is the equivalent of having three or four employees.