Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Star, see if this helps. http://forestry.ky.gov/statenurserie...actSheets.aspx I had it handy, we have our seedling giveaway next week and

http://www.mortonarb.org/index.php?o...d=878&Itemid=6That site helps with figuring lost growth.

Quote:
Key to Growth Rate: Height and spread are listed at the tree's maturity How fast a tree grows will be influenced by site conditions, species selection, and maintenance. By some ratings, any evergreen that at maturity is not as tall as its parent species is considered a dwarf, such as a plant that grows only 40 feet tall compared to a parent species that reaches 80 feet. To clear up the confusion, the American Conifer Society has attempted to standardize the terminology and rate of growth as follows:

Large conifer -grows 12 Inches or more per year (size at age 10 to 15 years is greater than 15 feet)
Intermediate conifer -grows 6-12 inches per year (size at age 10 to 15 years is 6 to 15 feet)
Dwarf conifer -grows 3 to 6 Inches per year (size at age 10 to 15 years is 3 to 6 feet)
Miniature conifer -grows less than 3 inches per year (size at age 10 to 15 years is 2 to 3 feet)

Last edited by cindyb; 03-22-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Interesting question....have you ever seen such a chart?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just lost my first account, and prob only, from the end result of imprellis. seems dupont denied the claim because of property lines
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

The website for the Imprelis® Class Action Settlement is now live and includes all of the terms of the settlement. It is at https://treedamagesettlement.com/.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaD View Post
The website for the Imprelis® Class Action Settlement is now live and includes all of the terms of the settlement. It is at https://treedamagesettlement.com/.
Thanks PapaD,

Just took a quick look through the settlement. At first glance, it looks eerily similar to the Dupont Claims Process.

What was the point?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiman View Post
Thanks PapaD,

Just took a quick look through the settlement. At first glance, it looks eerily similar to the Dupont Claims Process.

What was the point?
I think that there were beneficial changes in the terms and conditions of the CRA. I have not been able to do a complete review as yet.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I think that there were beneficial changes in the terms and conditions of the CRA. I have not been able to do a complete review as yet.
I just skimmed through... which is a legal no no... but I can't find anything significantly different. The amendment does "force" the site visitors to note "any" Imprelis damage, not just that pointed out by the homeowner. This should have been taking place anyway but of course the folks doing the visits were not paid by the homeowner and may have been compelled to side with their "bosses".
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Settlement info in my mail today says any improvement in terms of the class action will pertain to those who have already signed the CRA.

Looks like the warranty period has been extended. "Limited warranty until May 31, 2015, for trees on your property that do not currently show any damage or those whose condition worsens and later need replacement."

When I called the Dupont hotline yesterday it was apparent you can no longer open up a new CRA directly through the Dupont process. You are now directed to the court if you have not previously opened a claim.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seems many have received their papers in the mail from the class settlement this week. Basically, if you were satisfied with the offer you previously got from the DuPont Resolution process, you'll probably be fine with the class settlement. And, for those of you who know the compensation offered to you through the resolution process was unsatisfactory and doesn't make your property whole, you'll probably still feel the same way with the class settlement and opt-out.

Their compensation price per foot is still basically 'one size fits all' since it doesn't mention pricing for different types of trees. Did I miss it somewhere that the compensation guarantees the highest grade trees? What grade of tree does it allow to be planted? Also, maybe I missed it somewhere that they'll compensate for the full growth the trees would have been by the time this all gets resolved and not just compensate for the height at the time it stopped growing? I've lost years worth of growth for certain ones that weren't fully matured. Why should I settle for having to start over with smaller ones than I would have had by now?

Did anyone read the news article which mentioned that even though some may accept the class settlement they may not see a check until after that September date? If that is true, will they have to wait until the next planting season (spring of 2014) to try to successfully replant if they are waiting for a check from this class settlement and if the funds aren't dispersed in time for the fall planting season? Obviously, these things take time. Unfortunately, we still don't have our landscape back (I can't afford to do this out of pocket, but must wait for compensation). I feel like part of my property was taken from me. When will I get it back?

Last edited by Starbuy; 03-27-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Star, see if this helps. http://forestry.ky.gov/statenurserie...actSheets.aspx I had it handy, we have our seedling giveaway next week and

http://www.mortonarb.org/index.php?o...d=878&Itemid=6That site helps with figuring lost growth.
Thanks Cindy for this information and links!

I also want to point out that my above comment and questions about the class settlement are not intended to try to convince anyone to accept or opt-out. We each can make decisions based on our own circumstances. Just because I'm opting out doesn't mean I think anyone else should too. Makes no difference to me. I just hope in one way or the other we can all one day get our properties back to what we should have had if this toxic damage had never occurred.