Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I like that sprayer, how much did it run you if you don't mind? I'm looking for a similar set-up? How long is the hose?
Posted via Mobile Device
Around $3600 with 300 ft hose, electric hose reel. I also had them turn reel 90 degrees so it can roll of either side of truck or trailer. Been really pleased with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Nice looking skid. Is that a Maruyama pump on it?
I have a small 50 gallon electric Rozell skid [had two but sold one last year]. I got sick of using my 200 gallon skid this Spring while my Permagreen was broke lol
Thanks. Yes is a maruyama pump. How do you like the permagreen as a sprayer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Some places I would rather have a Z Spray but most of my properties that Permagreen is a god sent. You would be absolutely amaized at the time savings and the post emergent coverage is way better than a Chemlawn gun.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Some places I would rather have a Z Spray but most of my properties that Permagreen is a god sent. You would be absolutely amaized at the time savings and the post emergent coverage is way better than a Chemlawn gun.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am new to the chem lawn gun. Have always have had a fixed 5-7 nozzle boom. My last was a little fimco pull behind, so I am thrilled with the gun and skid. Loved the boom sprayers I got to use on the golf course.

This sprayer cuts time off the fimco between re-filling & with the boom I still had to cut in around edges with my spot gun. And I was constantly fixing the fimco. What all do you like about the spraying end of the permagreen? I would love one for spreading fert. Tell me more about the spraying side of the unit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see your point on the coverage with post products. I have got to mess with some smaller nozzles to see if I can get it to work on post products. Any suggestions??? Other than get a permagreen. I've pumped enough into maintenance end of business for now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got lucky with my Permagreen. I got a very good deal from another member on here. It was old and had several hours on it but it ran for a couple of seasons before problems started. I missed that thing like crazy on my first round this year while the engine was being rebuilt.
I have the Permagreen set right now for .5gallon per K and have my skid is 2gallon per K so my 50 gallon skid I use for my PG will cover the same amount as the 200 gallon skid. If I am not using liquid per emergents I put the 1/3 gallon per K nozzles on the PG and the 8 gallon tank will do 24K. The PG is a super life saver when using granular ferts. You can fill up the hopper and spread at 5mph and not even break a sweat.
The PG or other ride-ons really do pay for themselves faster than any other type of equipment in my opinion. If you have fairly open lawns you can cover 3x's the area, or more, in the same amount of time as pulling a hose or pushing a spreader. I am hoping my PG will last long enough for me to get one of the Z Spray 36 rackable or other Z Spray.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I got lucky with my Permagreen. I got a very good deal from another member on here. It was old and had several hours on it but it ran for a couple of seasons before problems started. I missed that thing like crazy on my first round this year while the engine was being rebuilt.
I have the Permagreen set right now for .5gallon per K and have my skid is 2gallon per K so my 50 gallon skid I use for my PG will cover the same amount as the 200 gallon skid. If I am not using liquid per emergents I put the 1/3 gallon per K nozzles on the PG and the 8 gallon tank will do 24K. The PG is a super life saver when using granular ferts. You can fill up the hopper and spread at 5mph and not even break a sweat.
The PG or other ride-ons really do pay for themselves faster than any other type of equipment in my opinion. If you have fairly open lawns you can cover 3x's the area, or more, in the same amount of time as pulling a hose or pushing a spreader. I am hoping my PG will last long enough for me to get one of the Z Spray 36 rackable or other Z Spray.
Do you spray Pre-m or spread pre-m with your permagreen? I would think that gpa would be a little low and hard to get the the granuules to dilute into that little solution. (That is I assume you are using a wdg). Had to look up the zspray. That looks like the ticket. I may start to keep an eye open for one next year.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only issue I have the the z-sprays, etc is that you drive behind the booms, getting the overspray on the equipment itself and the operator, and you run it over also, and it gets on your trailer's floor (enclosed), and since it's on the operator, it's all over the trucks also.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you ever use your skids as "nurse tanks"? Fill up the skids with solution at beginning of day (mixed as if you were going to use it in your pg) and then refil the pg out of the skid tanks? Wouldn't take too long to fill up an 8 gallon tank and might save a little mixing time. (Of course most time is spent waiting for a 200 gal tank to fill. 8 Gal would be under a minute off of most hose bibs around here.)
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
The only issue I have the the z-sprays, etc is that you drive behind the booms, getting the overspray on the equipment itself and the operator, and you run it over also, and it gets on your trailer's floor (enclosed), and since it's on the operator, it's all over the trucks also.
You do not get any more on you than pulling a hose. All of the ride-ons use low drift nozzles.