Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland Lawn View Post
They fit perfectly with the trimmer attachment since the attaching joint is in the middle of the whole unit. I can imagine you could even mount a PAS on your trimmer rack with the chain saw or hedge trimmer. I wonder if they would let "borrow" one for a little while to see how it fit on your rack.
25% off would be awesome, and keep you out of the $400 range!

Yeah a small but necessary lesson to learn. Now you know how to take your door panel off and put it back on! haha. I had 2 windows broken by trimmers throwing rocks last year... which taught me to park somewhere else! :P
Yeah I get my rack this Thursday so I'm excited to get it on the trailer. Just realized that my little curved shaft won't even fit on it! haha. So when money is available I will be picking up some sort of straight shaft, so I'm going to check out the PAS.

And yeah the funny thing about it was that I just backed my trailer into a pitch black garage no problem. Unhook and start backing around the corner and I do that hahaha
Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Objects that hit mirror are closer than they appear

Everything looks great, smart idea on the trailer, before you know it it will be filled with equipment.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah found that out the hard way!

And thanks. I figured it'd fill up fast. She looks pretty empty right now, but that space will be filled up in no time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
Yeah I get my rack this Thursday so I'm excited to get it on the trailer. Just realized that my little curved shaft won't even fit on it! haha. So when money is available I will be picking up some sort of straight shaft, so I'm going to check out the PAS.

And yeah the funny thing about it was that I just backed my trailer into a pitch black garage no problem. Unhook and start backing around the corner and I do that hahaha
Oh yeah? That's the exact problem I have with my trimmer rack! Although I was thinking maybe I could cut it off and move the bars closer together. Im not sure if I want to do that yet though. I keep my bent shaft trimmers in the bed of my pickup, and the straights on the trailer. Its a pain to unload everything from the back everyday, but Ive found that some things are actually a bit safer in the back of a truck.
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 03-29-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland Lawn View Post
Oh yeah? That's the exact problem I have with my trimmer rack! Although I was thinking maybe I could cut it off and move the bars closer together. Im not sure if I want to do that yet though. I keep my bent shaft trimmers in the bed of my pickup, and the straights on the trailer. Its a pain to unload everything from the back everyday, but Ive found that some things are actually a bit safer in the back of a truck.
Yeah I just put the rack on yesterday evening and my curved shaft definitely doesn't fit haha. I'm just gonna keep it in the back of my truck along with my blowers and gas cans, until I get a couple blower racks down the road. I'm actually going to build removable side walls onto my trailer tomorrow. I just did an estimate on a good size clean-up with haul away so if I get it I need to have a way to haul with my trailer. Even if I don't get it, I'll have walls built up for my trailer for future clean-ups!

Also, just landed a bi-weekly with sprinkler maint., a weekly/spring clean-up, and waiting on an additional bid for weeding/cleanups/mowing. So I'll have to see how it goes!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Spent the end of the week working on the trailer. First I installed my trimmer racks, then with anticipating spring clean-ups I built a removable leaf box on the back. Plan on having it on until clean-ups are done, seeing as though my trimmers won't fit with it on right now, but nice to have something to throw debris in.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got the truck cleaned up today and caught my only employee/mans best friend trying to drive away.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yeah I just put the rack on yesterday evening and my curved shaft definitely doesn't fit haha. I'm just gonna keep it in the back of my truck along with my blowers and gas cans, until I get a couple blower racks down the road. I'm actually going to build removable side walls onto my trailer tomorrow. I just did an estimate on a good size clean-up with haul away so if I get it I need to have a way to haul with my trailer. Even if I don't get it, I'll have walls built up for my trailer for future clean-ups!

Also, just landed a bi-weekly with sprinkler maint., a weekly/spring clean-up, and waiting on an additional bid for weeding/cleanups/mowing. So I'll have to see how it goes!
Haha sounds like you've got it worked out already! Nice! The pics look good as well! I have some high sides on one of our trailers, and man does it come in handy when it comes to hauling away debris! We really pile it high! Have you considered building or having a basket built for the front of your trailer? Such as the one that I have on my tandem and now new trailer that I just post pics from. That's where my blowers, gas cans, etc end up and their out of the way so that I don't have to unload them each time I unhook the trailer.

Sweet! Im glad that things are picking up for you. Are you out of winter and into any mowing yet?
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks man. Yeah things are slowly picking up. Don't think I got the last cleanup/maint I bid, and I bid a large cleanup and was supposed to sign but then the customer got hit with a tax problem so I lost out on that. So win some and lose some. We just had a cold front role through so hopefully ill be cutting around the first week of May.

I would really like a basket on my front, the only problem is I don't know how I'd go about mounting it. I literally have 5" between the front ramp and the front rail. So I'm not sure how id do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks man. Yeah things are slowly picking up. Don't think I got the last cleanup/maint I bid, and I bid a large cleanup and was supposed to sign but then the customer got hit with a tax problem so I lost out on that. So win some and lose some. We just had a cold front role through so hopefully ill be cutting around the first week of May.

I would really like a basket on my front, the only problem is I don't know how I'd go about mounting it. I literally have 5" between the front ramp and the front rail. So I'm not sure how id do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've got the same problem with my trailer. The side gate is too close to the front to mount a basket. Sometimes wished I didn't have the side gate as it seems to be in the way more than its used.