Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Awesome Deal on John Deere 667 Stander

So I just want to come in here and brag about the pretty amazing deal I got on a JD 667 Stander. It's about a 2006 or 2007 ish I think. First generation, I'll put pics up later. Anyway

400 Hours
60 inch Cut
21 Hp Kawasaki Engine
Guess what I paid???
..... Wait for it
$1,000 Bucks

That's right $1,000 dollars. The thing is perfect. Paint is hardly scratched. Found it on Craigslist, but there was no picture, and it was over 3 hours away. I figured what the hell and called the guy that day. He told me what is was and the price was firm. And he wasn't sure of the hours. He said it was in "good" shape so in criagslist terms I figured it was beat with 2000 hours. But he seemed like a nice guy and was pretty honest on every question I asked and it seemed like a good deal. Hell I figured it was worth at least 1000 bucks in parts. Anyway woke up the first thing the next morning and called him and he called back at lunch and said a guy was coming to look at it at 5. I had a good feeling about it and asked the guy what time he got off work, he said 330, I said I'll be there with cash and I'll buy it. Got in the truck and hauled ass. Got there and he showed me the mower and my jaw hit the freaking ground. If the guy didn't live in a nice house I would figure it was stolen. Gave the guy his 1000 dollars and loaded it up. Took a leap of faith and it paid off.