Register free!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Advertising as insured for herbicide application and....

My state does not require chemical used placard just a "property treated by Co. XYZ".

Since I always error on more info is it a good or BAD idea to flag lawns treated with 24D based product or go with a generic lawn treated by Co. XYz which frankly causes zero concern or alarm.

What I'm getting at does it encourage the sue happy folks to lawyer up and chase down a full disclosure applications contractor.....?

Little Johnny tracked through that weed killer and he's sick today and then the customer remember hey this LCO said he was insured for herbicides... $...$$$$$.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Flags are the law here, but they are so common that no one pays attention to them. I could see it creating attention if they were never used, but if you market it right you can provide warning and advertise at the same time. I do not see a problem. You are still governed by the epa so its not like you are applying anything that another company couldn't as well. If it is not required and you are going to do it then make sure your doing everything right because you are now an easy target.