Gravely ZTR application and pricing question

Gravely Pro-Turn 152 $6249
Bagger $1599
hitch $30
light kit $112
mulch kit $125
hex stripe kit $70
*plus tax

This mower will be used between my home and business. Weekly mowing between 2-4 acres depending on how motivated I am. I have a residential grade ZTR from Lowes, I want something more robust and comfortable. I plan on using the mulch kit between spring and fall clean up. What do you guys think of my choice and pricing? That is for a 2012 model still in the crate, I can get a 2013 for $300 more.

Thank you for any input
Old 03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2012 Pro turn 152 with the Kohler EFI and I love it so far. It sips fuel and leaves a great cut. I've heard that gravely changed the deck design for 2013 so check into that with your dealer and see if it would be worth the extra $300 for it. If you go with the Kawasaki engine that's also a great engine but may not be as good on fuel as the EFI.

As for running the mulch kit. I've been debating putting mulch kits on my gravely 36 and my pro turn 152 since I cut a lot of tight residential lawns that the clippings seem to go flying into the neighbors lawn and beds and all so the mulch kit would be nice but I've heard running it in the spring is a headache and its best ran between summer and fall since growth slows down.

As for being a robust mower its definitely a big step up from a residential grade mower and will definitely get the job done.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, the Gravely line offers the best cut and build for the money period. Assuming you are looking at the Pro turn 152 XDZ model, thats a decent price. If you plan on running the bagger much, note that the hitch will not fit with the bagging bracket attached. The bagging braket requires the rear protector guard to be removed as well and is heavily attached with bolts, not allowing a speedy swap. The mulch kit works better on disolving leaves than it is at cutting thick grass such as zoysia. If you are cutting off 4 inches or more, the mulch kit will leave runners with too much speed. Having said that the mulch kit turns leaves and grass to almost powder when you take you time on a job. The bagging system is top notch. Mine never clogs even with wet Zoysia and the heavy duty fan will pack all the bags very tight. My buddy that lives two houses down has a shop and sells Gravely and Scag. If I had money to burn I would have bought a Cheetah, but I picked up a proturn 152 XDZ for a LOT less money and have yet to have any issues with it.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the heads up on the hitch. I will be cutting a northern 50% bluegrass mix, nothing to tough. I agree on the cheetah since I will be doing this for personal use this was the most i could justify spending
Posted via Mobile Device