Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

for everything we do, Walkers save so much time and cut the best HANDS DOWN
Old 03-29-2013, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Honest serious question. If your not bagging much grass does a Walker really have a place...?

I can understand cutting once and bagging for speed but I target mainly smaller lawns and mulch mow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Honest serious question. If your not bagging much grass does a Walker really have a place...?

I can understand cutting once and bagging for speed but I target mainly smaller lawns and mulch mow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exact Rototilling it sounds like the Walker MB 23 efi with a mulching deck would be right up your alley! They are incredible on those smaller yards and if need be you can throw a larger SD deck on them for larger properties. We use to bag all of our smaller yards with our GHS units and have switch all of them to the MB's with mulching decks and our client's can't tell a difference. Walker made it possible for us to mulch. We tried a few other brands with mulch kits and they just didn't live up to the quality of a bagged Walker cut.The MB's are also faster and are like a mountain goat on hillsides. So yes Walker still has a strong place in our industry. Add a Super B into the equation and you will be able to cover the larger properties as well. The GHS models will always be king for bagging but may not be as popular in today's economy but Walker does have a strong portfolio. Don't count them out just yet. Take a MB and a MBS demo. I'm sure you will be impressed.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use my 74in side discharge deck most the time on my 2 2009 mtghs with kohler 26hp efi. I like them a lot. Not entirely trouble free, but neither have the exmark and grasshoppers i've run. They have a lot of grease points, which some people like and some dont. They have the best cut, no matter if its wet, dry, good grass, or weedy
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey there Agent Walker... I really dig the name... I am interested in your set up.... I have always ran Walker for my old job but I am now in the big shoes and a first time owner... Anyway, I used to only bag living in the greater Boston area... However, now I am in upstate New York and I really think some wider decks could be exactly what I am looking for.... I will be running your same mower.. the 26, just going to be a 2013... I know that the MBK's and the MBS' are obviously great with the bigger decks but I have been wondering how the 26 mtghs will handle them... Especially the 74, which, from your post, sounds like you have a lot of info on.... That's gotta be an AMAZING looking set up! Happen to have any photographs lying about?

Tags
ferris , price , toro , walker mowers