Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

https://treedamagesettlement.com/Cla...EGETATION.aspx

They killed it and they want to decide to replace or not replace?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks pretty crappy to me.....I thought they would replace 3, 4, and 5's....?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
https://treedamagesettlement.com/Cla...EGETATION.aspx

They killed it and they want to decide to replace or not replace?
WOW! Glad I didn't waste my time with the resolution process anymore than I already did. Opt-out is an understatement. Good grief, am I reading their chart correctly that they won't even cover for the replacement of shrubs and other plants that were damaged and even killed by Imprelis?! That's nuts! Unbelievable. Oh well, glad I don't have to pay any attention to that site since I'm not in on that class settlement mess since I opted out.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
WOW! Glad I didn't waste my time with the resolution process anymore than I already did. Opt-out is an understatement. Good grief, am I reading their chart correctly that they won't even cover for the replacement of shrubs and other plants that were damaged and even killed by Imprelis?! That's nuts! Unbelievable. Oh well, glad I don't have to pay any attention to that site since I'm not in on that class settlement mess since I opted out.
For those interested in the class settlement website it does state this: "These lists are not intended to be comprehensive, and arborists on site visits are instructed to use their professional judgment in determining whether or not a particular plant should be covered."
So, maybe if you get a good independent arborist who decides a damaged shrub will still look funny in the future or that it will never grow to full maturity size, then maybe it gets tagged for replacement?

Referring to the link Cindy provided above. https://treedamagesettlement.com/Cla...EGETATION.aspx
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One more thing about the website set up for the class that I found interesting:

https://treedamagesettlement.com/Lin...bid=96&mid=466

"New Tree Healthcare
Dupont will pay $75/tree for each tree removed at single family home residential sites and $150/tree for each tree removed on all other sites, regardless of whether the trees will be replaced or not."

I wonder why single family homeowners are getting half the amount per new tree that others will get for new tree healthcare?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Maybe because "others" have twice the number of attorneys....???
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Well, that's interesting Starbuy. I had 4 bird's nest Taxus yews rated at "2" and 2 other yews rated at "1" that were all offered tree care. $110 for each bird's nest and $64 for the regular yews(final care amount appears to be more for a "2" rated item). I'm not sure what they consider a tree as opposed to a shrub or hedge which wouldn't be covered.

The only item on my property that I included in the original list that was specifically omitted in the CRA was a barberry. It does appear to be doing fine.

I am surprised to see only "5" rated deciduous warrant removal - not "3" or "4"s. In any case, I still feel the list pretty much falls in line with the Dupont CRA process already on-going.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
One more thing about the website set up for the class that I found interesting:

https://treedamagesettlement.com/Lin...bid=96&mid=466

"New Tree Healthcare
Dupont will pay $75/tree for each tree removed at single family home residential sites and $150/tree for each tree removed on all other sites, regardless of whether the trees will be replaced or not."

I wonder why single family homeowners are getting half the amount per new tree that others will get for new tree healthcare?
Honestly, the $75 tree care amount didn't sit too well with me. I have a feeling I will probably spend all that and more on any replacements. They also have not explained just what "care" is necessary to keep me in compliance with their new tree warranty or the ability to claim further damage on existing trees.

Like I said, there were definite drawbacks to accepting the CRA but in my case, it did make perfect sense. I'm sure many may not be in a similar situation.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Why is there a Settlement?

Answer:

By agreeing to settle, both sides avoid the cost and risk of a trial, and the people affected will get a chance to receive compensation. The Class Representatives and their attorneys think the Settlement is best for all Class Members. The Settlement does not prove that DuPont did anything wrong.
Still don't own up to what they did.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree Cindyb--this is more than just an 'oops!' They knew this stuff could cause harm, they just thought it would be small and we wouldn't notice, or connect the dots.