Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
this is a never ending topic. We own navigators and have never had a problem. They are both great machines. It's like ford and Chevy. I think the walker has a great cut, but so does the nav.Posted via Mobile Device
I think this best sums it up. Similar machines, great dealer support, the main factor for us was no diesel option on the Navigator.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's funny that the majority of walker owners bash the navigator, like its the biggest pos in the world and a disgrace to the lawn maintenance industry. But the vast majority of navigator owners will state pros and cons of both machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

i am not bashing exmark. in fact, outside of a distributor or the actual company i know about as much as any person can about exmarks. i have spent years working on them and using them, and owning them. i still have two. but i just think exmark is overrated. the 2010 model lazer i had was really not that great of a mower. i had a lot of issues with it and its fx600 kawi. but i can tell you , i can lay a nicer cut than a navigator with my walkers.
Walker MT 26 EFI GHS
Walker MBV
Exmark Commercial 30
Exmark Commercial 21 AS
Exmark Metro 26
Echo Stuff:
PAS 280 w/shears,edger/trimmer/powerpruner/brush blade
PE280 edger
SRM-280T, SRM 230
HC 150 Shears
CS370 chain saw
Stihl MS290 Farm Boss
Echo PB 770T blower
Redmax EBZ8500 blower
Shindaiwa M242 w/ pole shears and trimmer head
Billy Goat F902S blower and KV600 VAC
Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To each their own, but I can guarantee the customer can't tell the difference. when they get home all they know is the property looks good. What about maintenance? Is the walker quicker/easier than the nav?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

after watching the video I'm sold on the navigator being the better mower hands down. if only for the points about the size of the frame, flat free front and rear tires and the fewer number of maintenance points.

in actuality though I will most likely never own this type of mower. it has no place in the type of business I run or the properties I service.

but at this point if I had to choose between the 2. exmark navigator hands down.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's really a shame, an honest to goodness shame...... I feel bad for anyone that would form an educated opinion from this video in particular. All mower loyalties aside, this whole video series is obviously one-sided to the extreme. A true "comparison" of two machines will show 1; Both machines side by side in the same condition. and 2; Will go through each machine entirely pointing out pro's and con's in a comparitive way. After all of the facts are presented, the consumer can then make an educated opinion and/or decision about which machine he/she likes better. This is obviously not the way this "comparison" was done. And now, we have folks like "yardguy29" who think that one mower is better than another hands down because Mr. So and So from Shop X says so. No offense yardguy, I just do not want to see people being misinformed and mistake it for being informed or educated. You say that you will not ever need this type of mower so I assume that you either run mid-mounts, or just 21's and 36's and WB's, or you might just be bush-hogging.... However, I will take a stab at it and assume you run mid-mounts... Do you know about the new Walker MB and MBS? These are basically Walker's mid-mount option... Except for the fact that they are not mid-mounts at all. The only thing that compares to your normal mid-mount is the price! Hahaha... Honestly, these are great Machines that only discharge, go ALOT faster than GHS Walkers, hold hills amazingly, and have the "Walker Cut"...
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 09 walker mt 23hp 42" deck and a 2011 exmark Nav 27hp 48" deck. We used both today on a large apartment complex after it rained heavily the day before. The Nav was in "fill reduction" mode, the walker was normal bag. Lawns were still wet and thick. The Nav. was WAY better in these conditions. The walker plugged quite a bit, required more dumping and was probably half as efficient. The nav plugged to but still left an acceptable cut and we only had to dump once with just one deck clean out. This is an actual side by side comparison.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
It's really a shame, an honest to goodness shame...... I feel bad for anyone that would form an educated opinion from this video in particular. All mower loyalties aside, this whole video series is obviously one-sided to the extreme. A true "comparison" of two machines will show 1; Both machines side by side in the same condition. and 2; Will go through each machine entirely pointing out pro's and con's in a comparitive way. After all of the facts are presented, the consumer can then make an educated opinion and/or decision about which machine he/she likes better. This is obviously not the way this "comparison" was done. And now, we have folks like "yardguy29" who think that one mower is better than another hands down because Mr. So and So from Shop X says so. No offense yardguy, I just do not want to see people being misinformed and mistake it for being informed or educated. You say that you will not ever need this type of mower so I assume that you either run mid-mounts, or just 21's and 36's and WB's, or you might just be bush-hogging.... However, I will take a stab at it and assume you run mid-mounts... Do you know about the new Walker MB and MBS? These are basically Walker's mid-mount option... Except for the fact that they are not mid-mounts at all. The only thing that compares to your normal mid-mount is the price! Hahaha... Honestly, these are great Machines that only discharge, go ALOT faster than GHS Walkers, hold hills amazingly, and have the "Walker Cut"...
with me your whole paragraph is flawed with the very last few words. the walker cut.

i don't consider walkers cut any better or worse than any other mower on the market. the only thing i feel walker has going for them is the GHS.

i run a toro grandstand and an exmark metro. i feel there cut is just as good as walker. i feel from seeing guys who use scag, wright stander, john deere, etc. there cut is just as good as walker as well.

in fact i don't see much difference between quality of cut with most of the machines on the market.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy29 View Post
with me your whole paragraph is flawed with the very last few words. the walker cut.

i don't consider walkers cut any better or worse than any other mower on the market. the only thing i feel walker has going for them is the GHS.

i run a toro grandstand and an exmark metro. i feel there cut is just as good as walker. i feel from seeing guys who use scag, wright stander, john deere, etc. there cut is just as good as walker as well.

in fact i don't see much difference between quality of cut with most of the machines on the market.
Something tells me you're only cutting cool season grasses.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
I have a 09 walker mt 23hp 42" deck and a 2011 exmark Nav 27hp 48" deck.

This is an actual side by side comparison.
If you had a 26 or 31 HP Walker would you have the same results?

I think it would be great to have a model from each company, with similar specs tested side by side under the same conditions with veteran operators.