Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cost to register trailer?

Any of the Florida boys know the initial cost to register a utility trailer weighing less than 2000 #'s?

Buying a second trailer tomorrow and can't remember the cost. I'm digging through my paperwork with nothing to show so far
Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Any of the Florida boys know the initial cost to register a utility trailer weighing less than 2000 #'s?

Buying a second trailer tomorrow and can't remember the cost. I'm digging through my paperwork with nothing to show so far
Are you buying new? If you bought new I believe if you paid tax there is just the cost of the tag. I recently bought a second trailer however it coincided with my birthday month so I had all the tags for vehicles in the household and work so I could not give you a honest answer but I do not remember any abnormal charge other than the tag itself.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Are you buying new? If you bought new I believe if you paid tax there is just the cost of the tag. I recently bought a second trailer however it coincided with my birthday month so I had all the tags for vehicles in the household and work so I could not give you a honest answer but I do not remember any abnormal charge other than the tag itself.
Yeah buying new. I didn't know if I was going to get dinged the same as new vehicle $225 initial registration fee plus all the other crap for a total around $410?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Yeah buying new. I didn't know if I was going to get dinged the same as new vehicle $225 initial registration fee plus all the other crap for a total around $410?
So it was around $70 for initial registration. The trailer place charges $100 and pays that to the state and when I get my permanent tags I'll get a refund from the state for $30-$35.

So here she is before the racks go on. The box still needs mounted. Going to change out the jack for one of the side jacks with a wheel. Will add a gate assist when I get around to it.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on your new family member. 6x10?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks! Yeah 6x10. Matches our other one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah 6x10. Matches our other one.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is a good size IMHO. I went a little larger on my last one but stuck with the single axle just upgraded the axle to a 5200#. Two less tires to replace and one less axle to pay tolls on. The way I have it figured it will pay for itself in terms of custom vs stock with the first tire purchase and the saved tolls will be nothing but essentially profit that would not have been there if I went with a dual axle.
For residential - the smallest that will work is the best IMHO.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
That is a good size IMHO. I went a little larger on my last one but stuck with the single axle just upgraded the axle to a 5200#. Two less tires to replace and one less axle to pay tolls on. The way I have it figured it will pay for itself in terms of custom vs stock with the first tire purchase and the saved tolls will be nothing but essentially profit that would not have been there if I went with a dual axle.
For residential - the smallest that will work is the best IMHO.
I agree. I get into some tight neighborhoods and can have a hard time turning around on some of the cul-de-sacs. I don't know how some of the guys do it around here with the 20' plus trailers.