Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Adjusting/Leveling a 54" mower deck?

Hi everyone,

I am new here and seen another link to this site posted by someone else so here I am looking for the proper way to adjust & level my 54" mower deck. I previously had a 42" deck riding mower that didn't have these wheels or this roller so this is all new to me.

PS: When I got this mower the deck was making grooves in the lady's yard so I knew it was uneven from the start...

My new mower is a HUSKY supreme GT 24hp/54"
Model # 14az808k131

And for the life of me can not get this deck level or adjusted right... It has the two wheels at the front of the deck with 4 holes on each side (mine are in the lowest hole) and it has a long roller at the rear of the deck that has like 5 height adjustment holes...

Please help by giving me the process in how to properly adjust and set my cutting height.

Scot W.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about the deck leveling specifics for your machine. Tire pressure can have big influence on deck level and cut quality. Also, not sure if you have the operators manual for your Huskee, but you can download one here:
Huskee Model # 14az808k131 manuals

Form Number 770-10770 is the assembly manual. I took a quick look and deck adjustments are on page 10.
Form Number 770-10354b is the Operators/Parts manual. It goes into how to remove/attach the deck and replace belts, but not how to adjust level.

Last edited by dbear; 03-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
Not sure about the deck leveling specifics for your machine. Tire pressure can have big influence on deck level and cut quality. Also, not sure if you have the operators manual for your Huskee, but you can download one here:
Huskee Model # 14az808k131 manuals

Form Number 770-10770 is the assembly manual. I took a quick look and deck adjustments are on page 10.
Form Number 770-10354b is the Operators/Parts manual. It goes into how to remove/attach the deck and replace belts, but not how to adjust level.
Thanks for your help and your quick response. The link helped me quite a bit and now the deck is leveled and adjusted...

Scot W.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot w. View Post
Thanks for your help and your quick response. The link helped me quite a bit and now the deck is leveled and adjusted...

Scot W.
Cool. Happy mowing(?).