Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Spot spray fescue clumps with Gly before green up starts. Celsius will not get the Poa. I have had great results with Certainty for Poa and is my pick for Sedges. I have a lot of pressure from Sedges all summer and the Certainty does great.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
Spot spray fescue clumps with Gly before green up starts. Celsius will not get the Poa. I have had great results with Certainty for Poa and is my pick for Sedges. I have a lot of pressure from Sedges all summer and the Certainty does great.
Green up has already started here. What's the price on certainty?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
Green up has already started here. What's the price on certainty?
Nevermind, it looks pretty comparable to celcius. Also labeled for Poa control. I may go run by JDL in a little bit and see if they have some.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello Turf Dog what post emergence would you suggest for Poa in Bermuda ?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduty View Post
Hello Turf Dog what post emergence would you suggest for Poa in Bermuda ?
If all you want to do is kill poa in Bermuda and money is no problem I would say Revolver would be best followed by certainty.
If you are spraying for several weeds and money is a issue then I go with Celsius or Manor. It may not give you a quick kill but they will help it burn up faster and really clean a lawn up for tha money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Turf dawg
You have had good success with manor making the poa burn up faster? What rate did u go do you remember?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2014, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Mr Oklahoma man would you do me a favor and close the dadgum barn doors tonight It was 28 yesterday morning and is 26 this morning. Way to cold for me this time of year.

I love Celcius. I use it with my pre at medium rate with MSO my first round [late Feb - March] and again at medium rate in June. March round will get the cool season broadleaf weeds and cool season grasses [or at least transition them faster] like Poa, Clump Fescue, Rescuegrass, ect...
The June round will get any Puncturevine, Sandburrs, does decent on Crabgrass although most of these are controlled with my pre so I have little pressure.

I will say that it does stun, not control or suppress, Dallisgrass, Nut Sedge, Bluestem and some others. What I mean by "stun" is that it makes them weak and slows the growth rate down for several weeks so that you think you are getting them. For Nutsedge and Kyllinga I have had the best luck with Certainty like Greendoc suggested. Some of the other things like Blindside will get the Nutsedge faster but it seems to come back that same year. The Certainty may have a slower kill but it seems to control it for pretty much the entire growing season.

I think you will be very pleased with the Celcius.
What are the temps you see on Round 1? I was under the impression Celsius didn't work well at low temps.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Lawn View Post
Turf dawg
You have had good success with manor making the poa burn up faster? What rate did u go do you remember?
Posted via Mobile Device
This is actually my first time to use Manor. I think it will help it transition faster because the lawns I sprayed a few weeks ago the Poa is lighter colored than the non sprayed lawns with a little browning on top of some. I mixed at .75 rate so I am somewhere between .75 and 1 oz per acre.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
What are the temps you see on Round 1? I was under the impression Celsius didn't work well at low temps.
I personally think it works fine it is just much slower than when it is hot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I just use Celsius for the first time today on a bermuda yard. I will post my the resolates i get on Monday. We are suppose to have 70 deg temps throughout the weekend. I sprayed 0.113/oz per 1,000. The yard had spring weeds, crabgrass, and fescue clumps, so I should get a good test on how it does on the different types of weeds. I does have a different smell to it than 3way, I was kind of wondering at first if it mixed good in my sprayer because it really doesn't change the color on the water. Then I started to smell it when I was spraying, I knew then to had mixed good.