Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just a guess...but 2 spinning blades will tend more towards wet-turf-liquification than one spinning blade.
So, lush Spring growth and wet conditions may better be served by the one-bladed YBravo 25. But dry conditions will allow the Toro/ExMark 30s to really shine comparatively.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea that's a good point and of course they only offer these mulching blades so far, hope they come up with a high lift bagging blade for these conditions. ..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread is very interesting.

I'm in the process of replacing both my 32" (36") and 21" mowers.

Is there any chance this Exmark can act as a substitute for both? How does it handle hills or slippery terrain?
Stihl FC85, MS192T, 041AV, MS200
Redmax HBZ2601

Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilov View Post

Is there any chance this Exmark can act as a substitute for both? How does it handle hills or slippery terrain?
I'm not sure, haven't mowed any hills or slopes with it..
Old 03-29-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilov View Post

Depends what 32/36 WB's...?

Sildoc should chime in on the TurfMaster vs yBravo25. He said somewhere they are both about the same power wise. I have last years TimeMaster and I basically agree on the power factor.

There are few smaller type places I mow exclusively with the TimeMaster 30. Noticeably faster than the yBravo25. Back mowed lower. The Exmark front adjustment would not fly with me.

Hands down ....here in the land of bag-fest mowing and tons of GHS walkers...you have to get in control of the fert program. Bagging is more popular here than mulch or side discharge. Go heavy on Fall side of fert back off this TG/Senske Spring mowing nightmare with 7 APS.

If I mow for a client that insists on TG Senske thatch fest 7 ap mowing nightmare plan I charge them more or I quit or they can switch over to my fert plan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bravo is by far the better bagger in wet lush conditions. However I would never get rid of my exmark 36 hydro. It is the goto medium large lawn even if it is wet. The Toro 30 is a great machine, time will tell but wet conditions it lacks a bit as did the exmark 26 until I put the super highlift blade on, non stock fab blade. Hoping exmark/toro sees this thread and starts working on a highlift blade just for bagging. So far the Toro 30, Bravo 25 and Exmark 36 hydro are our goto machines and ride on every trailer. the 30 gets used over the 25 predominately but time will tell. Will never get rid of the 25/21 completely there are just too many houses with ac units too close to the fence that a 30 won't fit by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Depends what 32/36 WB's...?

Sildoc should chime in on the TurfMaster vs yBravo25. He said somewhere they are both about the same power wise. I have last years TimeMaster and I basically agree on the power factor.

There are few smaller type places I mow exclusively with the TimeMaster 30. Noticeably faster than the yBravo25. Back mowed lower. The Exmark front adjustment would not fly with me.

Hands down ....here in the land of bag-fest mowing and tons of GHS walkers...you have to get in control of the fert program. Bagging is more popular here than mulch or side discharge. Go heavy on Fall side of fert back off this TG/Senske Spring mowing nightmare with 7 APS.

If I mow for a client that insists on TG Senske thatch fest 7 ap mowing nightmare plan I charge them more or I quit or they can switch over to my fert plan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Bravo is by far the better bagger in wet lush conditions. However I would never get rid of my exmark 36 hydro. It is the goto medium large lawn even if it is wet. The Toro 30 is a great machine, time will tell but wet conditions it lacks a bit as did the exmark 26 until I put the super highlift blade on, non stock fab blade. Hoping exmark/toro sees this thread and starts working on a highlift blade just for bagging. So far the Toro 30, Bravo 25 and Exmark 36 hydro are our goto machines and ride on every trailer. the 30 gets used over the 25 predominately but time will tell. Will never get rid of the 25/21 completely there are just too many houses with ac units too close to the fence that a 30 won't fit by.
What blade did you modify for the Exmark 26...?

Jeff the old owner of Ybravo more or less admitied they basically copied the design of the Exmark 26 blade for the yBravo25.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
What blade did you modify for the Exmark 26...?

Jeff the old owner of Ybravo more or less admitied they basically copied the design of the Exmark 26 blade for the yBravo25.
Posted via Mobile Device
The dealer i bought my first one from put a extra 1" tall fin welded on top of the regular lift blade. Made the machine. Might look into doing that this next winter when I have some time for the bravo and the 30.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've kinda been looking at blades that are the 15 1/8-15 1/4", that are high lift blades that I could drill the 2 small holes nextto the center hole, but havent had time to seriously research it yet...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
I've kinda been looking at blades that are the 15 1/8-15 1/4", that are high lift blades that I could drill the 2 small holes nextto the center hole, but havent had time to seriously research it yet...
Posted via Mobile Device
I already chased this down last Spring and ran out of stream on the project. All the blades I ordered are heavier and are extremely hard and tough to drill on and when compared to this year commercial blade with noticeably more lift than last years TimeMaster blades....iffy....
Posted via Mobile Device