Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Need Help Pricing asap please!

Hi i am new to this site and was hoping to get a little insight on pricing on this new account i have just received, i have landscaped with a company for a few years but i was always on the labor end of things never knew much about pricing. i don't have commercial equipment just a residential lawn mower, a weed wacker, hedge trimmer, pick up truck and alot of ambition lol.. the house im doing is 2 acres and needs a full restoration pulling out old bushes, leveling the ground and planting grass needs to look brand new there's only dirt, i will have 1 other worker couple days out of the week but mainly just me please give me an insight of what you guys may charge for work that i just described, full restoration..thanks for all your help
Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like you have some work to do. Going to take a while to mow two acres with small mower. Need more info...how much do you have to level? Can it be done without machines? Is the owner going to use sod or seed? Planning is key to everything. Figure out how much time you think it will take and what materials cost you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply, as far as leveling there isn't much to level and it is able to be done without machines, there are a lot of old bushes about 1 1/2 ft in height but the ground is so dry it can even be pulled out by hand. the owner wants to fertilizer and put down seed and he also gave a 2 month time limit i think i can be finished earlier than that tho. the thing is he offered me 300 a day 5 days a week just to clean it all out. the expenses on other material has yet to be discussed so ill put it like this i calculated with all my total bills and gas and everything a week i should make 700 in profit since 300a dayx5days a week would be 1500 minus my expenses im at 700 in profit, so is that something you would think is underpay or just right?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok...I wanna see pictures of this yard that's gonna take months to get right.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-30-2013, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you have nothing else to do i think i would jump all over 300/day. What are your expenses that you're spending 800/week? Seems high unless you're driving 100 miles each way to the job
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Member

creativelawncaresolutions: you have to also understand 9 times outta 10 it will be just me who's working on it if i had a team put together im sure it shoudn't even take a month so hope that helps
alldayrj: well the 800 a week for expenses includes my mothly bills and my payment for the truck and the job site happens to be 15 miles away from i live....so correct me if im wrong i did 300 a day times 5 days= 1500 a week times 4=6000 a month than minused out my monthly expenses which led me to 700 a week...is that too far fetched?
Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry, but this just sounds goofy as hell.

This is a 2 day job tops.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't realize you we're counting personal expenses, i though for a solo op 800/month in business expenses sounds high
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Member

the guy that had it before me who stopped showing up was working on it for a month....so maybe your right it may be goofy as hell to you because you probably have a crew at hand and do this more often than me but im doing it myself jugglling between 2 jobs and taking care of my kids on my own so again maybe your right but his is how it works out for me and plus the owner of the house is the one who gave the deadline of 2 months so why would i even wanna finish it earlier than that if im getting 300 a day? i dont have anything lined up after this so it would seem only right to milk it if neccisary
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Alldayrj: well thats another reason i posted this question is eause im not exactly sure as to how im supposed to calculate jobs of this nature i was looking for a little info on how you would go about doing that?