Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

RSK Property maintenance 2013 work/equipment

the dodge I started out with back in 2007...

here it is again next to my maroon 2wd 1996 cummins , next to my brothers green 1996 cummins

the replacement

old trailer, replacement truck

Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Subscribed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

scag hydro walk behind i started with back i 2004 when i was 15, which i sold in the 2005 in favor of the scag tiger cub, that i kept until june 2012 and had no issues with.

16' big tex 50la i picked up november of 2011 with my tiger cub, little wonder and giant vac on it, trailer looked huge then....

cheetah i picked up in june of 2012

cheetah with new bagger system on 16' trailer and little wonder, kinda cramped, only about an 1" on each side with the bagger.

new br600

old truck new trailer

heavy duty gate

It's very heavy duty my friend loaded his 7000lb truck on to the trailer and there was no flexing anywhere....and i can lift the gate up with one hand easily...

i plan to add trimmer racks, blower racks, a mesh lockable cargo bin up on the front of the trailer, and hand tool racks, now that i have trailer that is wide enough. I want somewhere to be able to safely store and lock up my 35 dollar eagle gas cans, a full case of two stroke oil, hand pruners, a spool of string trimmer line, should be really nice once i'm done similar to thegoldpro's. I also plan to put a metal sign in between the ramps on the gate, letting people know which landscape company they are seeing in front of them. hopefully it will help a little bit. I also just made wooden sides for my truck, and i have a few smaller pieces of equipment to pick up from the dealer. i'll add pictures as things get done. enjoy.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nice trailer, those HD ramps will help a lot especially if you are transporting a tractor or skid.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Nice trailer, those HD ramps will help a lot especially if you are transporting a tractor or skid.
no tractor, but i rent my dads skid steer and mini excavator from him when i can, my old gate was bent really bad from the just the mower and bagger. i'm talking about the tubing not just the mesh. this trailer should really work great for quite a few years, plenty of room to grow so i think....
Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Subscribed and did you get rid of your chipper?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnusskern View Post
Subscribed and did you get rid of your chipper?
Posted via Mobile Device
i did indeed, I'm not a tree service, and homeowners see that. I bought it in november 2011 shortly after hurricane irene, and after i did a month of knocking on doors, and loading my dads mitsubishi fuso dump truck by hand and making a lot of money, i decided a chipper was something i wanted to have to help my storm clean ups go quicker, and make my life easier, I used it for almost a year doing storm clean ups and once my work dried up i sold it, it wasn't a bad machine or anything, but realistically i don't do enough tree work to justify keeping it, and the storm clean ups were done for me....i did make me a lot of money, $$$$$$. I did single jobs in a day where I made enough to pay for the same chipper again, but other then storm work i really didn't do all that much brush removal. so i sold it in January, I paid for it in full it was only 4500 and the day i bought it my plan was to only have it for around a year, then i would sell it and upgrade to a newer one once i start getting into tree work more. plus it was an old chipper. built in 1987 to be exact, while it worked great, i really didn't like the fact that it was a year older then me....
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

is the cheetah really worth all the extra dough over the turf tiger? i don't see much difference in specs other than top speed.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Property Mgmt View Post
is the cheetah really worth all the extra dough over the turf tiger? i don't see much difference in specs other than top speed.
around here the turf tiger is more money, the turf tiger holds 8.5 gallons to the cheetah's 15 was one reason, the suspension platform was another, and the cheetah holds hills better, and yes i have used a turf tiger on hill very steep hills in fact i had a 72" turf tiger on hills that were steep enough for the machine to go across them and be sliding a little as well, for two seasons working for someone else. back before i went full time.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

pressure treated sides.

probably gonna paint them black or something not sure yet...