here is what im looking at
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...ger-attachment
echo trimmer
echo backpack blower
Ford F350
9 residential accounts, 1 commercial
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

your link is going to the main page, but if your talking about the edger attachment that will fit onto the poulan pro (or other trimmers) with the half shaft, than yes I have used one.

I bought the poulan pro 33CC trimmer, and had every option they make. the edger, the trimmer, the brush cutter, the tiller, the hedge trimmer, the blower, and the pole saw attachment.

I used that as my primary edger for a while, and it works pretty good. As I bought better equipment, that poulan pro switched roles, AND still provided back up for my primary tools. My poulan pro trimmer crapped out last year, but you can bet Ill be getting another one so I can use all the attachments again. AND have an all purpose back up.

It may not be commercial grade equipment, and Ill probably take a bashing from some of the Lawn site members, but yes, I do recommend that system as a COST EFFECTIVE (notice I didn't say cheap) back up.

All the different attachments can usually be found on clearance at the end of years at the box stores too, so I picked MOST of my attachment up for around 50 bucks each.

The only bad thing is my Stihl equipment runs off 50:1, and the poulan pro ran off 40:1 so I had to keep another gas can around.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
your link is going to the main page, but if your talking about the edger attachment that will fit onto the poulan pro (or other trimmers) with the half shaft, than yes I have used one.

I bought the poulan pro 33CC trimmer, and had every option they make. the edger, the trimmer, the brush cutter, the tiller, the hedge trimmer, the blower, and the pole saw attachment.

I used that as my primary edger for a while, and it works pretty good. As I bought better equipment, that poulan pro switched roles, AND still provided back up for my primary tools. My poulan pro trimmer crapped out last year, but you can bet Ill be getting another one so I can use all the attachments again. AND have an all purpose back up.

It may not be commercial grade equipment, and Ill probably take a bashing from some of the Lawn site members, but yes, I do recommend that system as a COST EFFECTIVE (notice I didn't say cheap) back up.

All the different attachments can usually be found on clearance at the end of years at the box stores too, so I picked MOST of my attachment up for around 50 bucks each.

The only bad thing is my Stihl equipment runs off 50:1, and the poulan pro ran off 40:1 so I had to keep another gas can around.
Nothing wrong with this system for limited use. I have all these attachments also that I picked up on the cheap at flea markets or on discount. The only difference is that I use a high end residential husqavarna trimmer to power them. This unit serves as a backup trimmer and edger to my commercial units. I also use the polesaw and hedge trimmer attachment a few times a year. I have very little use for these 2 tools so it would make no sense to have expensive dedicated units sitting around collecting dust. I already have a stihl chainsaw sitting around that sees little use. The troybuilt I had previously to power these attachments lasted 5 years and cost me $150. The husky trimmer set me back around $200 last season. This trimmer actually starts easier than my echo handhelds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

which husky model is it? I have to replace my poulan pro, and want to get the best unit possible and still be able to use all the attachments that I have.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
which husky model is it? I have to replace my poulan pro, and want to get the best unit possible and still be able to use all the attachments that I have.
The one I bought was the 128LD. But after looking at the husqavarna catalog it looks like the better trimmers with detachable shaft will take these attachments also. As my echo stuff needs replaced I am probably going with husqavarna as my primary brand of handhelds. They seem to run smoother, start easier and are less noisier than my echo units.
Posted via Mobile Device