Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Drainage too right? Already have a tamper?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Drainage too right? Already have a tamper?
Posted via Mobile Device

Drainage I actually had a question on. Would you route it under the wall, or around the side...but keep in mind that later on he may decide to extend the wall to along the rest of the deck so around the side would get dug up and have to be moved as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

how bout filter fabric?

and drain tubing?

and aggregate for the drainage chimney?

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

i have never entered into a discussion on this forum before but i really hate reading post after post from DVS attacking peoples way of explaining things. who cares if someone says bid or quote or estimate. you clearly have a succesful business and you do some amazing work and for all that i applaud you but who care how someone states something. you arent better than any one person on here. sometimes i see your very helpful but others just a d***head. i give bids because with all the jack asses out there i might as well be at an auction. jesus, just help or dont help. ive even seen you comment about how good someones photography is. get a life. go get laid. but stop being an a**hole man
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Have you figured removal time and disposal of the current wall?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danblaze View Post
i have never entered into a discussion on this forum before but i really hate reading post after post from DVS attacking peoples way of explaining things. who cares if someone says bid or quote or estimate. you clearly have a succesful business and you do some amazing work and for all that i applaud you but who care how someone states something. you arent better than any one person on here. sometimes i see your very helpful but others just a d***head. i give bids because with all the jack asses out there i might as well be at an auction. jesus, just help or dont help. ive even seen you comment about how good someones photography is. get a life. go get laid. but stop being an a**hole man
You're very observant. Thanks for being a fan

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would want 500 just to clean the area up first before I even started the wall and what is the wall for I can see no reason for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It is important to understand the most basic business terminology

Bids - you indicate the price you'd charge to build something or do some work that has been clearly defined by a potential customer.

Estimates - you approximate the price you'd charge to do less-clearly defined work, based on whatever limited information is available.

Proposals - you interpret a potential customer's loosely expressed wishes, specify in detail how you'd meet their needs and how much you'd charge to do it the way you're proposing.

Contracts - a binding agreement between you and a customer, complete with caveats and contingency plans explaining who must do what to hold up their end of the bargain.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A proposal that has been accepted then becomes a contract

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Nobody on this site can calculate what price your company should bid a job because only you know what your overhead will be and the capabilities of your crew. When I bid a job I price the materials, estimate the time we will be on the job, factor in what my overhead will be (vehicle usage, equipment usage, fuel cost, misc, etc.) factor in a contingency based on what I think my risk exposure is (i.e. running into unforeseen costs), and finally add in the profit my company needs to make the job worth my time so to speak. If I do not get a contract on the job then one of two things must be happening: Either we will be out doing other jobs that are generating the profit I desire so there is no reason for me to exhaust my resources on a job a customer is not willing to pay for. Or there are other companies out there who have become more efficient with their resources than myself, I can no longer keep a full schedule and I need to reevaluate my overhead, labor expense, marketing strategy, etc. Find the deficiency and mitigate the problem or I would ultimately go out of business.

If I am missing something someone please fill me in but as a business owner I feel it is my responsibility to have confidence when I bid that I was fair in my pricing to both the client and my company. I hope that when I loose a bid to another company it was because they did a better job of selling the product or their company than myself and to the victor goes the spoils.

Last edited by ZibaServices; 04-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.