Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-02-2013, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It really doesn't prove much to post it, now does it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Hey, don't get me wrong Yardguy...... I totally respect your opinion and the opinion of everybody on this forum. However, I just wanted to point out the fact that the video is one sided. You said "After watching the video, i'm sold on the navigator being the better mower hands down." And I just can not allow someone to form an opinion from this video...... If you want to have an honest opinion on something, you need to research it first and watching this video is not research..... This video is just propaganda.... Don't know if this guy has stake in the company or if he has a back room full of 50 navigators that he needs to sell... Either way, it is so obviously biased.... And believe me when I say it that I LOVE Exmark.... I run both Walker and Exmark.. Why? Because they are both great machines and also TOOLS... Different tools for different jobs... That's all folks...
there are 2 major things that video touched on that has me sold on a navigator vs a walker and its NOT propaganda.

the first is the viewing of the manuals showing how many maintenance points there are. navigator 13, walker 36.

the other area was the tape measure showing how much thicker the frame in the front is.

those 2 things aren't really opinions that can be debated.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, to each his own right? Personally, I tend to focus my attention on a few more things than grease fittings and front frame thickness when comparing machines... I usually look at the engine, hydros, operating system, wiring system, deck design and quality, customer service, money, The company itself and what it stands for, and those are just a few. But like I said, to each his own right?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sells both and he took them both home and he said the walker is much better . lighter , more nimble and gives a better cut mainly because of the deck and the two vents that the walker has on the rear of the deck. i have 4 walkers and I'm sure the navigator is good, but no way in my opinion is it better.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

yep to each his own.

I look at quality of cut, ease of operation and ease of maintenance.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to ask yourself these questions:

Is the walker built better? No
Does the walker provide the better cut? No
Is the walker easier to maintain? No
Does the walker collect clippings better? No
Does the walker hold more clippings in the hopper? No
Does the walker have a bigger blower? No
Does the walker have better tires? No, they are the same
Does the walker have better hydros? No
Does the walker have a better engine? No, they are the same
Does the walker cost less? No
Is walker easier to work on? No

Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen. They are both good mowers but exmark took the walker and improved the design. I don't work for exmark, but I use their machines to work with day in and day out, they have made me alot of money over the years and never have a major problem and always get my money's worth out of the machine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
I don't work for exmark, but I use their machines to work with day in and day out, they have made me alot of money over the years and never have a major problem and always get my money's worth out of the machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ditto for the walker, so there is no need for me to fix whats not broken.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello all. I'm new to this forum but have been mowing non commercially for many years. I currently have a hustler super z 60" deck that I have been mowing with since 2011. I retired this year from Boeing and am starting a small mowing company that I will mainly subcontract to my sons business. He has 2 walkers and 2 toro stand ups. I'm looking at purchasing either a walker mt 23 hp ghs or a navi 27 hp efi. They are priced the same here. The walker dealer is a little closer to where I live than the exmark dealer. They both promise to put commercial customer first. I know the walker dealer does because of my sons business. So to test the exmark dealer I took my hustler up to have it serviced to see if they stick to there return date. They are also a hustler dealer. Plus the exmark dealer is bringing their demo unit to one of our tougher job sites Tues for a comparison test with my sons walkers. My question here is since the exmark seems to be heavier did anyone have trouble with getting stuck or ruts last year when it was so wet. Also how hard is it to change belts on either machine. The exmark looks like it could be a bear. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnfather View Post
Hello all. I'm new to this forum but have been mowing non commercially for many years. I currently have a hustler super z 60" deck that I have been mowing with since 2011. I retired this year from Boeing and am starting a small mowing company that I will mainly subcontract to my sons business. He has 2 walkers and 2 toro stand ups. I'm looking at purchasing either a walker mt 23 hp ghs or a navi 27 hp efi. They are priced the same here. The walker dealer is a little closer to where I live than the exmark dealer. They both promise to put commercial customer first. I know the walker dealer does because of my sons business. So to test the exmark dealer I took my hustler up to have it serviced to see if they stick to there return date. They are also a hustler dealer. Plus the exmark dealer is bringing their demo unit to one of our tougher job sites Tues for a comparison test with my sons walkers. My question here is since the exmark seems to be heavier did anyone have trouble with getting stuck or ruts last year when it was so wet. Also how hard is it to change belts on either machine. The exmark looks like it could be a bear. Thanks in advance.

all you guys with your weight and your ruts.. oi vey!

the best thing about the exmark is the choice to mulch some/bag some at the same time with the same deckÖ. something walker doesn't do. which make the mower awesome sauce.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't get why they always compaire a small walker to the exmark.
Apples to apples . Glad its the same price( which I find hard to start with go get a equal horse power walker and it wins hands down.
A 25 walker is 11200.00 here with 48" ghs
A 27 exmark is 12300.00 plus the deck cost bringing it to over14'000 .... Compair the price you can get a bigger walker and it smokes the exmark. Only my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device