Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Light source for germination... So there is more than one factor relating to the timing of Pre-M applications, for CG...

How many other factors could we use to explain why, in some cases we see CG here and not over there???

First step away from single track apps... good for you grassmechanic...
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Light source for germination... So there is more than one factor relating to the timing of Pre-M applications, for CG...

How many other factors could we use to explain why, in some cases we see CG here and not over there???
Yes, soil temp is widely used to time pre-emerg apps, but like any plant, CG is subject to many factors. For instance, if you have a thick, dense lawn, chances are you could forgo a pre-emerg application. Same with a shady lawn. CG loves heat and sun.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I couldn't find the written information. However I THINK, I had the crabgrass seed over my desk lamp shelf for a few days warm--and then moved it to a sunny west window to be sure it got good sunlight, a few degrees cooler. I started the test anew again this week. I did not bury the seed either time--just thrown on top of potting soil normally used for African violets.

No results yet on a test that compares Scotts coated seed with Pennington uncoated seed.