Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
Hope you didnt get into landscaping, or in your case lawn mowing thinking you were gonna make big money at it
Did I say I blew grass in her property? She ask me if I could blow it off because the other neighbor mows it for her but he doesn't clean the drive off and all the debris from the neighborhood ends up there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
Did I say I blew grass in her property? She ask me if I could blow it off because the other neighbor mows it for her but he doesn't clean the drive off and all the debris from the neighborhood ends up there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Now see if you werent charging too much that could be a potential customer. I mean your gate is already dropped, right?....why else would they pay you weekly to cleanup after the other neighbor mows. That dont make sence. Either your quality lacks, or you are just too high........................Anyway dont have time to play the fuss game of the youngin lawn care providers on here. Good luck though, hope its a good year for you all
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well the wind isnt as bad here as it was so it dont feel as cold. I guess this is supposed to be the end of our nippy days here in Ohio for awhile, Thank God man im ready to get into the heat already
Old 04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
Now see if you werent charging too much that could be a potential customer. I mean your gate is already dropped, right?....why else would they pay you weekly to cleanup after the other neighbor mows. That dont make sence. Either your quality lacks, or you are just too high........................Anyway dont have time to play the fuss game of the youngin lawn care providers on here. Good luck though, hope its good year for you all
Or maybe since the neighbor does it for free to help her out I should do the same? Maybe bring her an iced tea also? Maybe then I can say " look at how many lawns I cut"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
Or maybe since the neighbor does it for free to help her out I should do the same? Maybe bring her an iced tea also? Maybe then I can say " look at how many lawns I cut"
Posted via Mobile Device
hahahahaaa..when you're good they bring you ice tea
Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

In my eyes it all comes down to would you rather have 30 lawns at $20 a pop or 20 lawns at $30. There's far too many guys that get into the lawn industry just to make a living, then there's those of us that want a viable business. So to some $20 an hour bring home (in fuzzy math to boot) is great, and to some $20 an hour is what goes into their investment fund. I'm not knocking anyone personally, just the masses of idiots. I know the joys of free business is anyone can charge whatever, but when so many people undervalue themselves it pulls everyone down with them. Heck I remember when I first worked for someone else 11 years ago he would get $50 for lawns I would price at $35 today and still not get, and the work that company put out was just average, nothing great. It's supply and demand almost, anymore there's such a surplus of us that it keeps going down.

On a side note I survived the wrath of enviroscabs, they didn't get any of my commercial work and I'm pretty sure I got a hotel and a bunch of apartments back from their local lovers.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

But don't you want to tell people you mow 100my yards a week?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2013, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whine, whine, whine. This site is poison. I'd recommend people not take 95% of the posts here seriously. Just a bunch of kids with little to no clue.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Whine, whine, whine. This site is poison. I'd recommend people not take 95% of the posts here seriously. Just a bunch of kids with little to no clue.
I like this...agreed

Last edited by OUTLANDER; 04-04-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Considering the people whining all have 10+ years in business...I'd have to disagree that we're kids.
Posted via Mobile Device