Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I think I said DOT# to him. I got busted my fist year . I had my dump truck pulling a dump trailer. It was empty but I was over. He pulled me over just because I had a name on the door. He said to me he always knows the new guys. I don't know what the ticket was worth but my buddy who was driving lost his DL.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow and sorry if I repeated you. Also phillie if ur in laogotee. If you dont mind to drive to evansville 4h fairgrounds. Call scottys lawn equipment. Talk to drew. Tell him jerod allen sent you and youd like to go to what they call procutter university. They have seminar's,demos,lunch, and the run sales on mowers and other stuff. The seminars would help you alot on a few important things. If you want pm me ill give you the number or info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Itll be next week.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynogt16 View Post
Yea but legalzoom gives u an accounting program and all paperwork. We set it up as me,dad, and my brother own it. Also you need to file for your d.o.t number <this is a big mistake alot of companies make.
Posted via Mobile Device
I see.. My accounting is done with a P&L and on the software I use for scheduling/ routing. It just wasnt worth it to me to spend another $250 on something I already had.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynogt16 View Post
Wow and sorry if I repeated you. Also phillie if ur in laogotee. If you dont mind to drive to evansville 4h fairgrounds. Call scottys lawn equipment. Talk to drew. Tell him jerod allen sent you and youd like to go to what they call procutter university. They have seminar's,demos,lunch, and the run sales on mowers and other stuff. The seminars would help you alot on a few important things. If you want pm me ill give you the number or info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry phillie. I meant this for C&M. My phone makes things hard to read.
2012 Scag tigercat
2005 cub cadet ztr
20ft open Trailer
12ft open Trailer
Stihl Trimmer
Echo Trimmer
Stihl backpack Blower

Next item will be hedge trimmers.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys sorry to jog the topic here but have any of you guys done any work for Ultra Elite property preservation. I was contacted by them and wanted to get some opinion on them if there was any. I have heard it is easier to work with national companies rather than smaller regional. Any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyWalker View Post
Hey guys sorry to jog the topic here but have any of you guys done any work for Ultra Elite property preservation. I was contacted by them and wanted to get some opinion on them if there was any. I have heard it is easier to work with national companies rather than smaller regional. Any suggestions?
sure havent.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Got a fert&squirt lead for anyone in 46227 PM soon just got it a couple of hours ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Holy Cow this thread has been alive since 2004!! I just realized that and responded to someone from years ago lol! I was wondering how they were mowing April 1 in Indy when its been so cold this year. Anyway I am located in Ft Wayne. Been in biz for 8 yrs in this love hate relationship. (When the $ pours in I love it, When its a drought or no snow I hate it) But I wouldnt trade it for the world! I love being a landscraper!! In response to some recent posts.. I incorporated myself on the IN.Gov site and it was easy. I dont have DOT # cause as long as your total weight is below 9,000lbs you dont need it (unless that changed?) Also if I think I am a lil on the "heavy side" with bobcat and a load I go thru town and stay off the interstate (better safe than sorry!) Anyway would love to connect/talk and network with any of my Indiana brethren! Good Luck to all this season and feel free to ask me any questions. If I can help I will! (I have made my share of mistakes and have learned a lil along the way). We are entering our 9th season and while not the biggest operation by any means we do good work and I really enjoy what I do for a living. Lets chat or you live near by, lets drink sum beers!!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Horizon Jay I've been looking into doing my LLC online also. But wasn't sure how difficult it was. Also I believe if your truck and trailer combination has a GVWR of 10,100 then you don't need DOT #'s for in state travel. I'm not sure if that covers outa state though. Great to hear from some indiana guys. I'm from the Logansport area. 2nd year in business. 1st year doing lawn treatments.
Posted via Mobile Device