Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
No hocus pocus here buddy. We need to just look at the pleats, how loose or tightly packed they are, type of material, by pass springs, cases, ect. The thing is everyone is scared to gamble on filters for hydros, and I get that, I was once too. But people post on here their opinions which is not the same as scientific facts. I'm looking at this from a fact based view not opinion. . But let's say that we find out
Posted via Mobile Device
This is not an opinion....its a fact....
If your hydros fail during the warranty period ...with an aftermarket filter installed on the system....
Whether the filter caused the failure or not...you voided the warranty....
Is saving $10 to $20 really worth having to shell out $1000 to $2000...or more...
Figured id get you some real numbers to gamble with....see you in Vegas....
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think if its the same filter go for it, you obviously did your homework. All kinds of products are marked up by ridiculous amounts and then re-branded for specific companies. Thanks for the info. Best of luck. I would take my machine to a shop for hydro service but oil changes I would do myself.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

See I do everything to my machines myself. If your so worried about warranties, then use the regular filter untill it's out of warranty. I'm just out to find the truth, which will benefit all of us in the business. I've clocked a couple hundred hours on one of my machines with this filter do far and no problems. I will cut it open and compare once its time to change the filter. Any business is out to make a profit and could see why exmark would say that about the warranty thing. They are out to make as much money as possible and it would be so easy to get a filter company to slap a logo on there and call it theirs and then paint you in a corner to use it or else.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
No hocus pocus here buddy. We need to just look at the pleats, how loose or tightly packed they are, type of material, by pass springs, cases, ect. The thing is everyone is scared to gamble on filters for hydros, and I get that, I was once too. But people post on here their opinions which is not the same as scientific facts. I'm looking at this from a fact based view not opinion. Lets really find out if the 30 filter is better than the wix. If it is then we will use them since the mowers I use daily earns my living. But let's say that we find out that they are in fact, so closely the same that either one will provide full perfection of the hydro system. Then why would you spend 30 when you could get them sane filter for 10? Unless you want to support your mower company I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

So your saving $20/yr to take that chance?

Are you serious, for 20 bucks!!

Go out for dinner once and that $20 is gone!!
2013 Commercial 30
Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Times about 10 machines. And we don't know if I'm taking a chance or not. You may be shocked to find out there is a better filter out there. Then you would be taking a chance and spending more money then me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

These mower companies have y'all whipped! So your telling me that there is no other filter company on earth with the means or technology to produce a filter that's superior to the manufacture? I find that hard to believe. I don't want opinions, I want facts. I wish exmark engineers are some who knows more than me to prove this right or wrong. If I'm wrong, no harm done, we just keep buying their filters. But if I'm right, then I would definitely by the cheaper one. Like I said, ill cut it open shortly when it's time to change the filter, but until then I hope someone will chime in with more knowledge to settle this once and for all with facts, not opinions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Times about 10 machines. And we don't know if I'm taking a chance or not. You may be shocked to find out there is a better filter out there. Then you would be taking a chance and spending more money then me
Posted via Mobile Device
Your running 10 machines? Damn that's a lot of machines to cut 52 weekly accounts.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the pressure relief on the Napa filter?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know the pressure relief on the napa filter. It's actually a wix. Does anyone know?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

10 filters not 10 machines. Sorry
Posted via Mobile Device