Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've gone into my local jdl (I have 2 in my area) and I've talked them down in prices. Both locations have knowledgeable salesmen working there and do not hesitate to help you out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I think it has a lot to do with the relationship you have developed with the employees @ JDL. I deal with the store manager all the time, he understands what I need and how my business needs must be meet. Any difference in pricing is matched once I tell him where I can get it for that price. He adjusts the price and asks how many, done. They are just like our customers, treat them fairly with respect, gain their trust and you will get the pricing and service you desire.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

all JDL's are not the same. just saying...
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah we are on the same page, we may even go to the same jdl. I like the two guys up there but you are entirely correct. I was quoted 180 for a half gallon of dimension there and 120 at helena chemical in suwanee. That price difference makes me not even want to attempt to buy something there but it's pretty much in the heart of my treatment area. message me and I'll give you the number of my sales rep at helena, been doing well on the pricing.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta say, we are on cape and the jdl dealer has very good reps. Yes I could probably get a marginally better price elsewhere........... But, when I have an issue at a property my jdl reps will hop in their truck , drive to the property, help with problem solving , and report back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why I stopped using them. You can buy 1/2 Dimension on Ebay for $145 free shipping.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i go to the JDL on atlanta road, I was able to talk them down on 1/2 gallon of dimension from $190.00 to $140.00 because they matched pestrong.com price. I got 1 gal of resolute for $140.00 last time, 3-way $80.00 for 2.5 gallons.

i'm about to go up there and pay $28.00 per bag for fert, for 10 bags.. makes me wonder if they are raping me on price when i see guys saying they get it for 17 or 20 a bag. but then again, i don't buy in bulk.... and this is the cheapest price i can find. Next year i will try to deal with howards, and buy by the pallet. the guy at howards didn't want to talk to me unless i could buy a pallet of fert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALAWN View Post
Yeah we are on the same page, we may even go to the same jdl. I like the two guys up there but you are entirely correct. I was quoted 180 for a half gallon of dimension there and 120 at helena chemical in suwanee. That price difference makes me not even want to attempt to buy something there but it's pretty much in the heart of my treatment area. message me and I'll give you the number of my sales rep at helena, been doing well on the pricing.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

inzane, you are getting takin for a ride. run far far away! i can get 3-way 2.5 gal for muuuuch cheaper
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i know. i know.. this is the best i've been able to do right now. I bought 10 bags of 24-2-11 from JDL for $26.00 per bag, i know that is way high for what most pay, but this has been the cheapest i've been able to get it for. they have basically the same thing at tractor supply for $27.00 a bag, I may get it there for now when i don't want to drive far to JDL.

as far as chems go its between pestrong or JDL right now... I know alot of people have told me to try howards. I'm just to small of an operation right now to buy in bulk, so it is what it is for now.. I'm just gonna accept it, figure it into my prices and hope next year I can figure something out better... or drop apps all together if its just not gonna be profitable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
inzane, you are getting takin for a ride. run far far away! i can get 3-way 2.5 gal for muuuuch cheaper