Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

This is a candidate for precast. I don't know your area and what is available but a tear out and footing install for a set of precast to veneer could be a direction to go in. A new set of precast stairs is a blank slate for most any kind of look you want. you can go to realstonesystems.com and stonecraft.com to get a idea of what is available. I don't know your demo cost is but hear I can get a precast placed for me for less than a G. give or take depending on the rise as long as I have the area prepped.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Would he be opposed to the idea of just pulling them out and redoing the ground under them properly and putting them back in? If you go pouring new concrete its going to be years before it matches all his other concrete, if ever.
Is that possible?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
This is a candidate for precast. I don't know your area and what is available but a tear out and footing install for a set of precast to veneer could be a direction to go in. A new set of precast stairs is a blank slate for most any kind of look you want. you can go to realstonesystems.com and stonecraft.com to get a idea of what is available. I don't know your demo cost is but hear I can get a precast placed for me for less than a G. give or take depending on the rise as long as I have the area prepped.
I'm interested in this as well
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Is that possible?
Posted via Mobile Device
I would think so with some ingenuity. You know there is nothing under it because that's why its sinking so if its all attached to the sidewalk you might be able to cut it out with a saw and set it back into place after fixing the ground under it. Just a thought but precast would be loads cheaper than having someone come out and pour it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Another idea is you could tear out his while porch and stairs and build a wood deck with stairs. I see cracks and what not in the porch. If you did that yourself it would only cost a $100 or 2 in materials and you could profit the rest instead of spending a grand on it. Just need the permit to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

JCLawn you are blowing my mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hahaha what?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2013, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with DVS. For the money you basically can rip out everything that is there, install new steps, and grade and seed the rest. Then they can go to the box store and buy 3 - $5 quart sized boxwoods and call it a day. Those walls and planters are not required and it would be easier to start clean.

The question is why is the budget low? If it is misunderstanding of cost than these types of customers are usually good for a 50-100% increase in budget with proper sales techniques or will understand the importance of proper steps and do it in phases. If it is pure thrift you minus well walk away because they will look till they find someone to do it for $1200 plus materials. It will take all summer and over 25 trips to the box store, but they will get what they seek.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelracer View Post
I'm with DVS. For the money you basically can rip out everything that is there, install new steps, and grade and seed the rest. Then they can go to the box store and buy 3 - $5 quart sized boxwoods and call it a day. Those walls and planters are not required and it would be easier to start clean.

The question is why is the budget low? If it is misunderstanding of cost than these types of customers are usually good for a 50-100% increase in budget with proper sales techniques or will understand the importance of proper steps and do it in phases. If it is pure thrift you minus well walk away because they will look till they find someone to do it for $1200 plus materials. It will take all summer and over 25 trips to the box store, but they will get what they seek.
That's what I'm banking on. He said give him a proposal and we'll go from there. I'm currently searching for precast steps.