Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Sponsor

New Accelerator Leaf Extender

Here is a picture of our new Leaf Extender on a 4.15 CU FT bagger. The extender adds 3.4 CU FT. to the bagger. MSRP will be 219.00. Comments or questions?
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2003, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I've been looking for. I saw a similar set up by another company (J&G ind??) but haven't heard much about them.
I want to go with aluminum instead of steal mesh for my next catcher. and I like the construction of the accelerators I have seen. Will the extension fit on the Jumbo 6.2 cuft catcher also? will the Jumbo work on a 48" Hustler super WB? with the extension? or is that going to be too much for a WB? I think that the hustler superWB can probably handle it if anyone can.

How can we purchase your catchers? Direct or through dealers? Do you have any dealers in Nebraska?

Thanks for the picture and thanks for being a sponsor of Lawnsite.

Paul Arens
Columbus, NE
Old 08-27-2003, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked your website. Do you have bracketless mounting for the hustler WB? if not ,does the bracket interfere with the discharge shute?
Thanks.

Paul Arens
Columbus, NE
Old 08-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Sponsor

Paul, here is a picture of the mounting setup for the hustler. The deck in the picture is from a 52 inch SuperZ, but the setup on the 48 WB is very close to this according to Huster dealers I work with. You should be able to use this unit without any problem. The part number is GCHU52 or GCHU52XL. Since this is a bracketless setup, there is no obstruction of the deflector.
We do have an extender for the 6.2 Cu. Ft. catcher. Hustler makes pretty stout decks so the 48 should take the weight just fine as long as you are using the extender for leaves and not filling it with heavy wet grass. I will post a picture of the Jumbo with the Extender in the next day or so.
As you can see from our website, our dealer network in Nebraska is pretty thin. Your Hustler dealer might be interested in taking our line, as Hustler corp. sent all their dealers a flyer last year about Accelerator Catchers. If not, give me a call and I will help you get a catcher.

Peter Andonian
Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2003, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Peter - I've got a question for you. I have the small bagger with the older style non-removable door.

Is there a way to install the extender on it or do I need to get a newer style one?

Thanks, and good to see an Accelerator forum on this site. I think your catcher is top notch!

Darryl
Old 09-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Sponsor

Darryl, Unfortunately, the older catchers wonÕt take an extender because the door gets in the way. Even the current 2003 removable door catchers need an adapter mounted to the catcher to accept the extender latch and reinforce the top rear of the catcher. I hesitated about releasing pictures of the extender because catchers out on the market right now donÕt have the proper hookup at the rear to take the extender. We can ship an adapter to make it work, but it is not as good as having a unit that was built for the extender. The extenders will become available in different areas at different times depending on current inventories at dealers and distributors. If anyone wants an extender now, they need to call me and I can help them get one. Eventually, the newer models will make their way through the channel and people can just go to their dealer and pick one up.
Just to let you guys know, we didn't purposely set out to make the extenders in such a way that your current catcher would become obsolete. That is not my philosophy of doing business. It just turned out that the catcher needed some modification to make the extender work correctly.

Peter
Old 09-15-2003, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't waist your money or time with the other bagger from J&G North carolina. I bought one last spring because peter didn,t make one with the extender. Well it don't work on the ULTRACUT deck like he said. Now i have a 750 dollar bagger he will not refund my money on. Stay with peter he makes a good bagger.

John
Old 09-15-2003, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Peter - Thanks for you reply and I'm not surprised that the extender won't fit my unit.

It's still a great bagger, especially since I only paid $200 for it (slightly used).

I've got the Ultravac ordered for my Lazer anyway.

If I ever need another catcher, there's no question that it will be an Accelerator.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Sponsor

Darryl, thanks for the compliment. I don't think you will go wrong buying the Ultra Vac. It is a well engineered piece of equipment. Good Luck.

Peter.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Will the extender fit the large bag that you make? Will if fit on a Lazer z without modifications?

I am a homeowner and don't want to spend the $2000 on the Utravac. Would this bag be suitable for leaf collection?

Thanks,
Pete