Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

@ Grassmechanic : Yea we sell a lot of our resources with the states, I believe we have a good relation ship with USA, and I like it that way. We have a solid army forces, but you guys just have WAY more tanks and choppers! lol

One thing I hate about Canada being to multiculturalism is they let outsiders join our government system, the RCMP (our national police) and they let them wear their stupid symbols that represent THEIR country when they are IN our country. For me it makes no sense what so ever. RCMP is a police that represents the history of Canadians, not Arabs with turbans! I am not racist, but if we let to many outsiders with different beliefs into powerful system such as the RCMP, Federal Government, Supreme Court etc. Then our Country is no longer being controlled or ruled by Canadians. Anyways enough with the rant

@phasthound: I shall wait for this product to be available in the stores, and I will test it out myself, thanks for the input. I understand all the concept behind keeping a healthy grass is the best way to eliminate weeds. But my scenario is totally different. Weeds have been winning over the past 3 years. I'm dealing with lawns that have a minimum of 50% weed, but most of the time it is 75%, + very hard clay soils around here, extreme harsh winters with salt and no herbicides available. So for the major part of the home owners the best would be to start over with fresh sod or hydro-seeding, but everyone is to cheap.

Everything I can think of about cultivar practices only help the weeds as much as the grass when your dealing with 75% weeds in a lawn. A lot of it has to do with timing your services properly according to the time of the year, soil temp, weather etc. which is also tricky. Water is another issue, no one water theirs lawn here because of the water fees (which is not so bad actually). So if your going to do top dressing and over-seeding, you pretty much have to plan ahead for damp conditions because you can never rely on home owners keeping their lawn damp.
Complete lawn care services