Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Ordered 1000 Door Hangers, check it out.

I just ordered these pretty excited, last year was my first year super part time, but this year I want to try and build up some accounts... I ordered 1000, my budget is pretty limited and I plan on hitting one area, maybe twice not sure how long they will last. They are only one side.

Last year I never went door to door, I just depended on my CL ad.

I already ordered them, but I would like to know what you guys think.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

a free cut every 4 cuts ?

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Member

If you advertise that let me know when you want to sell out.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Looks good, but ive learned dont do anything for free!! You want the customers that are willing to pay for your services, not the ones that are just looking to get a free cut and then drop you. I would never mess around with that "free" discount bull-crap cause your not making any money. Ive done that 10-15% off and that worked ok, because your still making some money, but you will learn that you need to ALWAYS mark up your costs or not only will you be working for FREE but you will always be going bankrupt.
2005 Walker 48 inch 26 EFI
54" side discharge Walker deck
Exmark Metro 48" walk behind
Honda 21" commercial push
Stihl FS90 weed eater
Stihl FS110 weed eater
Stihl FC90 edger
Stihl HL90 Xtend reach hedge trimmer
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
Stihl BR550 blower
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl MS261 chainsaw
Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. Looks like it is just one free cut after the first 4. Its a fair offer. It could have been worded a bit clearer. Something like receive a free week of mowing with a signed service agreement or something like that is very common.
Last year we had a few specific neighborhoods we wanted to get into and had fliers made giving away our last month of mowing free.
With any advertising you need a good "call to action" to get the best results you can. It's ok to be aggressive with it as long as you have a plan on how to recover the costs.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crichardson View Post
If you advertise that let me know when you want to sell out.
I have a friend who offers free fertilizer for spring or fall upon sign up and he did pretty well. I figured 1 free cut after the 4th cut, when they sign up would be a good way to grab their attention.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsroda View Post
Looks good, but ive learned dont do anything for free!! You want the customers that are willing to pay for your services, not the ones that are just looking to get a free cut and then drop you. I would never mess around with that "free" discount bull-crap cause your not making any money. Ive done that 10-15% off and that worked ok, because your still making some money, but you will learn that you need to ALWAYS mark up your costs or not only will you be working for FREE but you will always be going bankrupt.
It would only be 1 free cut after the 4th cut upon sign up, meaning they would have to sign up to be with me the remainder of the season for that deal.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde307 View Post
Looks good. Looks like it is just one free cut after the first 4. Its a fair offer. It could have been worded a bit clearer. Something like receive a free week of mowing with a signed service agreement or something like that is very common.
Last year we had a few specific neighborhoods we wanted to get into and had fliers made giving away our last month of mowing free.
With any advertising you need a good "call to action" to get the best results you can. It's ok to be aggressive with it as long as you have a plan on how to recover the costs.
Yea, thats what it meant. If they ask about the deal I will simply just explain it. Next time I will word it different. I am only hitting one area with these and they are all pretty small properties.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk90s13 View Post
a free cut every 4 cuts ?
1 free cut after the first 4 after they sign up... to get to the point basically the 1st cut of their second month with me would be free..but only if they sign up... If they call me and ask I will explain the offer to them.

My gym had signs out last month, 1 free month, 2 free month, 3 free months. When you go in and ask about the deal they explain it to you. They say we will give you 1 free month for a 1 year contract, 2 free months for a 2 year contract and so on... I just thought it would be a good way to grab some attention, my buddy had a great turn over offering the fertilizer application for free... If they call me and ask, I will just tell them exactly what it means.

Last edited by TigerPops; 04-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are they signing up for? You state no contracts at the top of the hanger?