Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
SHINDY 802!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!! But seriously folks, we can go back and forth about factory specs and side by side comparisons...... The max's and stihls and echo's... they all do what they are supposed to and that is blow grass or leaves or debris. The Shindaiwa 802(not the 802rt because that is tube throttle and who the hell uses tube throttle? Hip throttle all the way dummy!) is the most comfortable BP ever! Even with it being a few more pounds than the comp, it is so ridiculously comfortable.... And comfort is a big deal because when doing clean ups and having it on for more than a couple hours at a time, it is very important to be comfortable and be able to keep that thing on all day.....
That's your opinion, and that's all it is. More and more guys are going to the tube mounted throttle according to all the lawn equipment shops around here (and that's a boatload of them) for good reason. They are far more comfortable to run without that stupid arm sticking out to the left side, and it makes sense to be able to control the air speed with the arm that is actually pointing the tube at the debris.

You can have all the hip mounted versions you want, but you couldn't pay me to take one, and yes, I've run them both.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't hold a bg86 in your left hand if you have a hip mount huh? Yes, it will wear you out. Holding a blower in one hand is tougher than it sounds. But when you do, YOU CAN BLOW SOME STUFF! I sort of "stiff arm" the handheld, and "agitate the stuck ones" with the backpack (Kawasaki KRB750).

Kawasaki is apparently getting out of the handheld 2-stroke market. I expect close out pricing soon. Haven't needed much in terms of parts. Very good power. Also sold as Maruyama (at least the backpacks).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2013, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Hip throttle ...not for me.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hip vs tube is a matter of preference but you have to be careful not to snag the wires on tube-mounted throttles...not usually a problem with hip mounted.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Hip vs tube is a matter of preference but you have to be careful not to snag the wires on tube-mounted throttles...not usually a problem with hip mounted.
I know that is the big claim for a hip throttle, but I have never in all the years I've been doing this snagged a tube mounted throttle wire harness on anything. Not saying it couldn't happen, but you can snag the hip control arm just as easily if you don't pay attention.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax EBZ8500. In my opinion.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

HaHa! After looking back at my post, it seems I was a little aggressive in my statement.... Didn't mean to sound so arrogant and ignorant..... Anyway, I really don't know why I like the hip mount so much... I think it's just the fact that I probably have over 1000 hours on back packs due to the NorthEast spring and fall... It is very important to be working the throttle during cleanups because you are literally using it all day... The less fuel you use the better right? Totally opinion but I just feel more comfortable and in control of the throttle when I am able to have it independent of the tube....
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
HaHa! After looking back at my post, it seems I was a little aggressive in my statement.... Didn't mean to sound so arrogant and ignorant..... Anyway, I really don't know why I like the hip mount so much... I think it's just the fact that I probably have over 1000 hours on back packs due to the NorthEast spring and fall... It is very important to be working the throttle during cleanups because you are literally using it all day... The less fuel you use the better right? Totally opinion but I just feel more comfortable and in control of the throttle when I am able to have it independent of the tube....
I appreciate that. I understand having favorites too. I live in the upper midwest (MI) so I get plenty of time with my BP's. I don't use anything else for leaf clean-ups. Have you run the tube mounted throttles at all? You can adjust the speed as easily, or maybe even more easily than you can with the hip version. It really makes it nice, especially if you are grabbing sticks and/or trash while moving along.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most powerful backpack blower as of Sept. 2012?

Can't really vote here. Stihl is all that's available around here. Br600 is what we use. Have good service long life and it will blow a brick up over a curb. What the hell do I need that's more powerful than that. Anything bigger would be stuck and a shovel is the best thing for that LoL. But seriously I read good stuff about redmax. We used to have echo around and I bought 2 backpack blowers. Hate em heavy won't half azz run. Hate em
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought a Stihl BR600... it was an ok blower, back plate broke soon after buying it from hanging it on a trailer. Anyway it eventually blew up. It lived a rough life, I also ran it over.... whoops. Current blower is a Echo PB7000 I think (??) not real sure but it's the biggest Echo makes. I didn't want a Stihl (didn't want the 4mix) so I bought the Echo. Eh, its an ok blower, not great not terrible, gets the job done. I really wanted the big Red Max but I freaking hate my red max dealer and the next closest was a bit of a drive and I was in a bind. If I had it to do over I would have bought the redmax.