Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

when nothing is working what to do???

sent out 1,500 flyers each neighborhood twice and i have picked up 1 grading job($4,500) 2 annual lawn customers, and 2 other quote calls which one guy went back with his previous lawn care guy due to giving him another chance. alot of neighborhood are no soliciting but i put them out on newspaper boxes anyways because im on a tight budget. I have recieved about 6 calls total. My area is sosaturated with operators and lawn care people i dont know what to do to get customers. If anyone can help please give me some input. I have truck decals, tshirts etc. My flyers are also top notch as well. Maybe they think putting them in the news box is tacky? or maybe by me not following the no soliciting signs turns them off? ive also listed on google maps and on craigslist where i got one call...

please any input is welcomed.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener Grounds NC View Post
sent out 1,500 flyers each neighborhood twice and i have picked up 1 grading job($4,500) 2 annual lawn customers, and 2 other quote calls which one guy went back with his previous lawn care guy due to giving him another chance. alot of neighborhood are no soliciting but i put them out on newspaper boxes anyways because im on a tight budget. I have recieved about 6 calls total. My area is sosaturated with operators and lawn care people i dont know what to do to get customers. If anyone can help please give me some input. I have truck decals, tshirts etc. My flyers are also top notch as well. Maybe they think putting them in the news box is tacky? or maybe by me not following the no soliciting signs turns them off? ive also listed on google maps and on craigslist where i got one call...

please any input is welcomed.
No solicitation doesn't mean you can't put door hangers on the door, at least that's how it is by me.

You need a website, ranked well on the first page of google.

You should put out more than 3K flier/doorhangers. Try at least 10K fliers. It's a numbers game and it's not in our favor.

Good luck, and keep at it. When everyone else is waiting for business to start, you have to be the one that makes it come. The customer will not always come to you...most often you have to go to them.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

when nothing is working what to do???

That's about right. You usually get 5 calls for every thousand flyers
Old 04-10-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you call 1,500 flyers adverstising you have barely scratched the surface. More flyers and get them out before May 1.

I have a simple homemade flyer. Black type, large enough to read easily without glasses, brief. No photos, no color no gimmicks.

Most people realize that those glossy color flyers only use stock photos of beautiful lawns and homes. That the LCO most likely does not even have one customer that has a property that looks that good on their route.

You need to say something the flyer that will make them want you to come and give them an estimate. Known as a hook, something that will make them save the flyer and pick up the phone.

I think I have a good hook. First year using this hook and my flyer response has improved.