Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
Im starting to think I wont like it with all this talk about no happy medium. I love that Im able to feather the throttle on my TB. Could you possibly adjust the carb?
Try one for yourself before buying. You may feel totally different about it than I do, or maybe you'll get a smoother operating one. I will say that mine is a lot better than back when it was new, but it still has a spot just up off idle that once you get to it and hold steady on the trigger, the RPM's shoot way up for no reason. After that point it feathers up and down better and is finally starting to smooth up quite a bit.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ya i'll definitly try before i buy. i'll let ya know how it goes....
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If stihl fixed the issue im sure theyd sell even more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the dealer today and got the BR600 Magnum! What an awesome machine! I love it. Im going to wait until spring to get the KM 90. I dont see a point in spending more money on a trimmer only to have it sit for the next 6 months. It will go on sale in the spring anyways. Thanks for your help guys! Really appreciate it...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Should I be putting in supreme or regular gas into the new blower. The stihl oil bottle says to mix with supreme gas, but i dont like the price of supreme gas! Regular gas is high enough. What kind of gas do you guys put in your blowers, and how do you find they perform. Thanks guys
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
Should I be putting in supreme or regular gas into the new blower. The stihl oil bottle says to mix with supreme gas, but i dont like the price of supreme gas! Regular gas is high enough. What kind of gas do you guys put in your blowers, and how do you find they perform. Thanks guys
A lot of guys run 89 octane, but a lot of us run premium (92-94 oct). Some see no reason to use anything other than regular, but if every single manu says to use a minimum of 89, I figure they know more than some guy on a forum who will probably be repalcing his equipment every couple years anyway, and just wants to save a couple bucks. For me, the diifference in price isn't that much of an expense if I only use it in my handhelds.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
A lot of guys run 89 octane, but a lot of us run premium (92-94 oct). Some see no reason to use anything other than regular, but if every single manu says to use a minimum of 89, I figure they know more than some guy on a forum who will probably be repalcing his equipment every couple years anyway, and just wants to save a couple bucks. For me, the diifference in price isn't that much of an expense if I only use it in my handhelds.
Good point, Thanks Green
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'm thinking about getting the KM110 after trying out my buddies kombi. Man is that thing ever light compared to my troy-built. Extremely quiet too! Lots of grunt when ya need it. Haven't tried the 90KM yet, but to tell ya the truth....I already like the 110KM! Very well balanced too!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No it isn't bro. Far, far too many of us here have experienced the same thing for it to be "BS". I know I'm certainly not full of it, nor am I a Stihl basher. Exactly half of my handhelds are Stihl, and that's quite a few different pieces of equipment all in. Mine is very, very hard to feather up and down the range smoothly. I can squeeze very carefully on the trigger and start gaining power, then all of a sudden it jumps up to near, or at the top. That's just not the way they should work, especially when you consider how smoothly their blower triggers work. It has nothing to do with the 4 mix engine. It is just their stupid throttle linkage that needs to be re-designed.

The 4 mix's certainly have much more torque, and also a better torque curve than the 2 strokes, true enough there.
Same here with mine, but I pretty much am used to it now. I won't go back to the 2-stroke. My eyes don't water and clothes don't smell like smoke.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 04-13-2013, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiessens TLC
Well I'm thinking about getting the KM110 after trying out my buddies kombi. Man is that thing ever light compared to my troy-built. Extremely quiet too! Lots of grunt when ya need it. Haven't tried the 90KM yet, but to tell ya the truth....I already like the 110KM! Very well balanced too!

For about $50 more you can step up the the 130 and get a LOT more power for only 8 more ounces of weight. To be honest, my 90 runs all my attachments with ease including the power sweeper in heavy dirt and gravel (that is one of the best tools/attachmnets I have ever owned), though every once in a while I would wish I had the 130 to run the pole pruner, so I bought a new FS250R for those times since I got such a great deal on it. I know Stihl says it is supposed to be used with the attachmnets other than the tiller, but i am the only one who runs my equipment, and I can take care of, and make sure that, it doesn't get abused, so I feel safe using the attachments on the 250.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 04-13-2013 at 07:28 PM.