Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2013, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Montgomery AL

Trailer and all equipment stolen. 2 walker mowers (mbk and mc) 2 stihl fs 90 trimmers, a km55 combi system. A br600 blower and a br420 blower with a missing tube. A toro timemaster 30. All this was on a 6x12 stallion trailer that was locked to my truck parked under my carport. I still cannot understand how they moved the truck and were able to get the trailer loose and pull it away. I have most serial number and a police report has been made.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Upon further investigation they disconnected some linkage around the transmission and where able to roll my truck out of the carport and cut the lock on the trailer, and tossed the cut lock into the back of the truck.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's a lot for a small business to lose. I hope the cops find the stuff. Might there be any cameras in the neighborhood that maybe recorded the trailer leaving the area? Was the equipment insured? They make gps tracking stuff fairly inexpensively now. http://www.prweb.com/releases/GPSTra...web9804837.htm
Best wishes
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Member

It's going to tough to recover, but yes the equipment was insured. But you never will be able to buy what you had with the insurance money. I have been looking at the GPS stuff, for when I purchase a new trailer. I don't think any neighbors have cameras.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Regarding the cameras I was thinking they may have taken a main road nearby to leave with your stuff. Between traffic cameras and businesses there may be a lot of cameras out there. I don't think the police are going to take the time to look for cameras, but it might be worth your time to look. If you find any on a road they might logically have taken you could let the cops know about those cameras.
Check you insurance policy. My stuff has always been insured for a specific dollar value (what I paid for it), not replacement cost. I didn't request this, it's just what is common around here. I've had two carriers and both wrote the insurance this way.