Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2013, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yea they fit, and always have. One of my dealers tried telling me the thing about the attachments not fitting because the shafts are different sizes. Maybe that's something Stihl tells them, or maybe they just figure that since Stihl doesn't recommend it, and the 250 has more power than all the other trimmers. I dunno how that theory got its start.

I do know that they recommend the tiller attachment for the 250 and it says so in their catalog and on-line, so I e-mailed Stihl and asked why the others weren't, and if it was a power related issue. The reply I got said, that I was correct, it is just a power thing. The 250 has enough to destroy the attachments. I doubt under normal use or care it would, but if a guy lets employees run the tools, well, you know how that can go.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Isnt he 90 a homeowners model???

Im suprised you got 5 years out of a troybuilt
No the 90 is commercial
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

anybody tried or own the bed edger attachment? on the stihl website it says it can cut new edges. what do you guys think???
Old 04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
anybody tried or own the bed edger attachment? on the stihl website it says it can cut new edges. what do you guys think???
There's a big thread here about it, and it is recent. Just take a look through this forum, or the mowing equipment forum right below this one to find it.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
There's a big thread here about it, and it is recent. Just take a look through this forum, or the mowing equipment forum right below this one to find it.
K thanks Green.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
K thanks Green.
Posted via Mobile Device
I started looking it up for you, but I got distracted. Seems to be happening more and more easily these days.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here you go-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...+bed+redefiner
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I started looking it up for you, but I got distracted. Seems to be happening more and more easily these days.
Hahaha, I think it just comes with age! Actually just finished reading the whole thread, but thanks again for diggin up the link for me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned 4 stroke 2 cycles. The biggest Shindy 8510 backpack blower and a Stihl FS100RX. I personally will not own another non 2 stroke unit for a long while. I run 89 octane non-ethonal fuel with Amsoil excaliber two stroke oils mixed approx 75.1. No stink no smoke. Both are/where extremely hard starting. Average is about 8 pulls to get started cold this means a minimum of 5 pulls to usually no more than 10! Once running the 8510 is good even though it takes it slightly longer to rap up from idle but that's splitting hairs. The FS100RX was just a terrible machine other than having ok power. It shook like a steam engine and was the worse balanced trimmer I've ever held. Sold it within four months. They may have and hopefully will be making improvements on this 4 stroke 2 cycle system and I may give it a whirl again in the future but for now my 12 year old echo back pack has made me a believer.

My other gripe is how many trimmers have hard plastic handles. Old Tanakas, current Echos and Shindys are the only commercial grade units I'm finding with rubberized handles. I may be older than some of you guys but at the end of the day my hands thank me for the extra dampening.

I tried the Huskys as well and I have to admit I was very impressed. Amazing torque and power. Nice weight too. The only negatives being the hard plastic handles and the engine power head shape oddly enough. I find myself often running my trimmers with one hand for reaching purposes and this means I'm resting the power head against my lower forearm. The power head shape and size fought me doing this.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Stihl trimmers have rubberized handles. My FS90R is as easy starting as it can get, and so was my BR600M. In fact, it was the easiest starting handheld machine I have ever owned.