Register free!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
It's true there are many variables with turf grass management. These results have been achieved with Screamin Green on warm and cool season turf throughout the US for years both before and after the Virginia Tech study.

The purpose of the study was to document what had been seen in "real life". JDL/Lesco 28-5-12 was chosen as a comparison because it is/was a commonly used product.

Obtaining the same turf quality and color rating with 1/3 less N is a benefit.
Barry, lets not turn this into a sales pitch. This could simply be showing the turf does not require the level of N being applied by the lesco fert to achieve acceptable results, and has nothing to do with more N getting to the roots.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Barry, lets not turn this into a sales pitch. This could simply be showing the turf does not require the level of N being applied by the lesco fert to achieve acceptable results, and has nothing to do with more N getting to the roots.
I've accomplished very similar result with http://www.therichlawncompany.com/products/fertilizers/pro-rich-turf-food/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
No sales pitch intended. I may or not be off base as to why this fertilizer works so well. This particular study was performed to provide some scientific data to substantiate testimonials from turf grass managers.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Organic forum, take the screamin up to the fert forum where they might appreciate it. ATMO
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you tried BIO-GREEN-- 5.0.1 or 20.0.1 w Amm. Sulfate.. Mainly kelps and humic acids?? I had luck in the shady yards in establishing roots but didn't have good luck with former chemlawn yards which probably is to be expected so I'm gonna try those with the 20-0-1 because it does have some syn N to get stuff going in our cold spring.. still snow here
Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlers View Post
... I had luck in the shady yards in establishing roots but didn't have good luck with former chemlawn yards which probably is to be expected so I'm gonna try those with the 20-0-1 because it does have some syn N to get stuff going in our cold spring.. still snow here
Jump starting grass in the cold Spring is a bad idea for sun lawns... for shady lawns it is almost a death nell... people say: "Oh my, it is impossible to grow grass in the shade!!!"
Well this is one reason why...