Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I got to pick up my two new Pro Stance today. One 52" and one 61". I am very excited to see how these things do here in a few weeks when it finally warms up. I am equipping the 52" with a mulch kit and the 61" I am equipping with Gravelys OCDC which is very very nice. I got both with the Kohler EFI engines as well. I will take some good pics of everything tomorrow so you guys can see.
Posted via Mobile Device
You were a deere guy, right? I am or was. I went with 2 red standers. I still and always will have deere in my line up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was a Deere guy and still love the green and yellow. I looked at going with them for these standers but they were $3000 higher and I couldn't justify that. Plus Gravely has been impressive from a customer service stand point and also a sales stand point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I was a Deere guy and still love the green and yellow. I looked at going with them for these standers but they were $3000 higher and I couldn't justify that. Plus Gravely has been impressive from a customer service stand point and also a sales stand point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed. I don't think any company comes close to going the extra mile for their customers (or even potential customers) like Gravely does. They have earned my future business.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the review and info GMLC and you too Ridin (i read your thread too)

Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Member

What all those washers for between blade and spindle?
On http://www.plowsite.com as
TomsSnowPlowING
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsLawnMowING View Post
What all those washers for between blade and spindle?
Thats how it comes from the factory. I have owned many mowers with spacers above the blades. My guess would be that the same spindles are used on many different models and the spacers are used to provide the correct fit in the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys on the fence about Gravely need to demo one of these Pro Stance. I put 5 hours on both of mine today and the cut was flawless! I started out cutting when it was soaking wet and it discharged great and then as the day went on it just kept cutting nicer and nicer! These are awesome machines and it is the only mower I have ever used that I felt lived up to the expectations and I have ran a lot of equipment over the years. Thanks Gravely for building a awesome machine!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely pro stance is a great machine. I tested many standers out over the past week and the 48" prostance was one of them. Great company and dealer. Very well built and handled flawlessly. I would recommend this mower to anyone. With that being said there were flaws in every stander I tested out. I spent countless hours researching and looking at different models. At a later date I may get into specifics.
The 2 minor imperfections in the pro stance were the weight and speed of the machine. Unfortunately speed and weight were important in my application so I could not pull the trigger even after the dealer gave me a really good price on it.

All of the standers had there flaws and you would have to combine all of them to make a perfect stander. At the end of the day you have to pick the one you are comfortable with. I have used a stander for countless hours over the past few seasons so even the smallest imperfection stood out.

I almost bought the gravely as it was a very stout machine and the dealer was close by. But I ended up going in another direction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
Gravely pro stance is a great machine. I tested many standers out over the past week and the 48" prostance was one of them. Great company and dealer. Very well built and handled flawlessly. I would recommend this mower to anyone. With that being said there were flaws in every stander I tested out. I spent countless hours researching and looking at different models. At a later date I may get into specifics.
The 2 minor imperfections in the pro stance were the weight and speed of the machine. Unfortunately speed and weight were important in my application so I could not pull the trigger even after the dealer gave me a really good price on it.

All of the standers had there flaws and you would have to combine all of them to make a perfect stander. At the end of the day you have to pick the one you are comfortable with. I have used a stander for countless hours over the past few seasons so even the smallest imperfection stood out.

I almost bought the gravely as it was a very stout machine and the dealer was close by. But I ended up going in another direction.
Posted via Mobile Device
So, what did you end up with?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
So, what did you end up with?
I reluctantly went with a brand new grandstand. After having issues with my 09 gs I swore off buying another. The pricing was very aggressive to say the least and after talking to some people from the dealer they assured me the newer models were problem free. This search was more about looking for negatives in the units than the positives. Not a very exciting search glad it is over and I can start mowing this week.
Posted via Mobile Device