Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
Do any stand-ons go as fast as they say they go?
I drove around a 2012 Deere quick track. It seemed to be pretty fast. The maintenance also seemed easier to perform on this machine. This was a steal of deal, I was going to buy it and resell it after the season. Unfortunately the weight of the machine was a bit much. I also disliked the fact the mower width was a whopping 53 1\2 " for a 48" deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
48" deck 22 hp.
A few reasons in no particular order.

1. Very quick and agile.
2. Tracking was true.
3. Great deal, pricewise.
4. Toro's ocdc allows an accelerator bagger to be placed on the mower pretty easily so you can go from bagging to side discharging to blocking off the chute in no time.

Take time to test different ones out. The all have pros and cons.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stand-ons haven't caught on around here so there aren't any to try. My Kubota dealer carries Toro and he got a 2012 GS 52" last Fall to try out. No one has been interested. A few tried it but didn't like it.

I tried it yesterday and I liked it. Gonna try it today and tomorrow. Its more agile than the Kubota 60" which is a plus in smaller yards. Cut was good, has the power.

Its got a 24 hp Kawasaki engine with 15 hrs. Sticker price of $8200.00 I'm sure the price scared most people away.

The dealer is going to have to come down pretty good on the price for it to work for me.

What's a reasonable price for a 2012 Demo?
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

So I picked up my 61" Prostance the other day and must say it is a very stout machine.
Initial thoughts
- not a huge fan of the operator presence but a necessary evil
-noticed the huge skid plates to protect the transaxles..well thought out as the last thing needed is to crack one of them cases due to??
-One thing I would like to see is a couple of zerks on the pins for the control arms off the front of the frame to the front of the deck....over time have had them seize up on a Z so that will be something I will add
-Love the Deck adjustment wheel....does not get any easier to set your deck height.
-Not sure if a pivoting front axle would be better or not

Is going to take a bit to get used to the controls but they are super smooth and very responsive.
Leaves a very nice smooth cut....as for stripping will reserve judgement for now till the grass gets fully set in.

Next up some side hilling
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Lawn View Post
So I picked up my 61" Prostance the other day and must say it is a very stout machine.
Initial thoughts
- not a huge fan of the operator presence but a necessary evil
-noticed the huge skid plates to protect the transaxles..well thought out as the last thing needed is to crack one of them cases due to??
-One thing I would like to see is a couple of zerks on the pins for the control arms off the front of the frame to the front of the deck....over time have had them seize up on a Z so that will be something I will add
-Love the Deck adjustment wheel....does not get any easier to set your deck height.
-Not sure if a pivoting front axle would be better or not

Is going to take a bit to get used to the controls but they are super smooth and very responsive.
Leaves a very nice smooth cut....as for stripping will reserve judgement for now till the grass gets fully set in.

Next up some side hilling
Congrats! Any updates?

The Pro-Stance seems to be selling very well this spring! Im not surprised at all after my experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2013, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think your experience and review changed ALOT of people's mind about Gravley. It's pretty obvious they take care of Thier customers and make a quality machine.

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 04-28-2013, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
I think your experience and review changed ALOT of people's mind about Gravley. It's pretty obvious they take care of Thier customers and make a quality machine.
Agreed - a good review on lawnsite can push a potential buyer over the edge (like me)
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Agreed - a good review on lawnsite can push a potential buyer over the edge (like me)
Worked for me.....made me drive 11hrs out of my way just to continue using Gravely
Deere and Toro are much closer

Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
....and/or make them buy a machine they don't really even need. At least not yet.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

So got a chance to do some slopes so here be my opinion....
It will still get away from you just like a Z...lol.
Pointing the front down slope and at a certain point/angle the rears will start to loose traction.(Have to bring my level next week and see at what angle it takes off). Doing side hills if you keep the front end pointed slightly up slope it sticks...just do not let the front end point down slope.
Never at any point when climbing some steep slopes does the front end ever hint at lifting (but I am only 145lbs wet)....backing down slopes either straight down or on a angle then traversing up always keeping the front pointed slightly to fully up slope is the way I will work it and it sticks like glue.

The Hydrostatic drive is frikken awesome...the more I get use to it, the more I love it ....very very precise in execution...move the levers and it responds now with no free wheelin at any point.

So next week I will figure out the angles I am working on on this one property to give a better idea

So far lovin the machine and yup love this standing thing much better than sitting

Well engineered Gravely
Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Lawn View Post
So got a chance to do some slopes so here be my opinion....
It will still get away from you just like a Z...lol.
Pointing the front down slope and at a certain point/angle the rears will start to loose traction.(Have to bring my level next week and see at what angle it takes off). Doing side hills if you keep the front end pointed slightly up slope it sticks...just do not let the front end point down slope.
Never at any point when climbing some steep slopes does the front end ever hint at lifting (but I am only 145lbs wet)....backing down slopes either straight down or on a angle then traversing up always keeping the front pointed slightly to fully up slope is the way I will work it and it sticks like glue.

The Hydrostatic drive is frikken awesome...the more I get use to it, the more I love it ....very very precise in execution...move the levers and it responds now with no free wheelin at any point.

So next week I will figure out the angles I am working on on this one property to give a better idea

So far lovin the machine and yup love this standing thing much better than sitting

Well engineered Gravely
Do you have any large properties? I'm wondering how it will be standing for a while at a time.

Mine would be my main mower along with a walk behind.

I can get a 52 pro stance and a 34 walk behind plus other stuff for 11k
Posted via Mobile Device