Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! its really early for residential mulch jobs. How did you convince customer to do so much mulch so early?....Do you mulch this property again thru the season?........Looks great though...(I just always consider when those ornamentals and trees start flowering and seeding, it'll mess it all up)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really good man!

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
Wow! its really early for residential mulch jobs. How did you convince customer to do so much mulch so early?....Do you mulch this property again thru the season?........Looks great though...(I just always consider when those ornamentals and trees start flowering and seeding, it'll mess it all up)
I bought a truck off of him in February and he said that he wanted me to do his mulch to pay off part of the truck. Was able to deduct $2500 off and in material and labor I was in for $1700. So I got $800 off of the truck. He has a lot of money so I may do it again in late summer if he would like. It was nice to get a job out of the way early though. Around here everyone wants their yard mulched in May. I am thinking about giving 10% mulch installation for March and April to get some jobs out of the way before it is crazy.

Thanks for the compliments. Not our best job, have to work on the greenhorn, but it will improve over the next few weeks.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK LC&L View Post
I bought a truck off of him in February and he said that he wanted me to do his mulch to pay off part of the truck. Was able to deduct $2500 off and in material and labor I was in for $1700. So I got $800 off of the truck. He has a lot of money so I may do it again in late summer if he would like. It was nice to get a job out of the way early though. Around here everyone wants their yard mulched in May. I am thinking about giving 10% mulch installation for March and April to get some jobs out of the way before it is crazy.

Thanks for the compliments. Not our best job, have to work on the greenhorn, but it will improve over the next few weeks.
Not a bad idea. Then convince them to top dress mulch again later in the season. Bring on the jobs...Hope rest of the season is good for you
Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. Wish the grass would start growing. Usually like to start beginning of April. Looks like we may be a week or 2 late
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Think we are finally going up closer to average temps this weekend, on out so thats a good thing. It will give time for thorough clean ups, and maybe some lawn repair maybe......But yea you're right, any mowing is 2-3 weeks off here
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Something I threw together quick. Have been really busy lately and haven't been able to post anything.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

The first two shots are from my own house where I used up some extra material. Also my German Shepherd Catie is laying in the mulch messing it up. The rest is from last week. Enjoy
Attached Images