Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 PM
MTenterprises MTenterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 327
Turf tracer vs Vride

Which handles ALL terrain conditions best? Somebody who runs both, does the turf tracer scalp less Bc of the anti scalp rollers ?

By All terrains I mean uneven ground, dams, other steep hills and ditches. Speed isn't a factor.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
DA Quality Lawn & YS's Avatar
DA Quality Lawn & YS DA Quality Lawn & YS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 7,858
Well you are talking about a Walk Behind vs. a Stand On machine. Big difference.
Are you sure you don't mean the Pro-V vs. the Turf Tracer?
__________________
7x14 Stealth SE Enclosed with 48" side ramp
08 Toro Z400 48" deck, 21HP Kaw with EZ Vac twin bag
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 PM
MTenterprises MTenterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Well you are talking about a Walk Behind vs. a Stand On machine. Big difference.
Are you sure you don't mean the Pro-V vs. the Turf Tracer?
Nope. Im well aware of the 2. Just want to hear from someone who runs both.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM
sjessen sjessen is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,573
Knox GSL owns both. You might pm him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 PM
MTenterprises MTenterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Knox GSL owns both. You might pm him.
Thank you sir
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,658
In comparison of the 2 machines both 52"
TT Pros-great on hills, easy to handle, doesn't scalp, great on bermuda
TT Con-slower than Vride, leaves clumps in wet conditions, cost $9k

Vride Pros- extremely fast, velocity deck, spring ride platform
Vride Con- scalps, not that great on hills, sucks up a lot of gas, oh yeah it SCALPS!


I know that speed isn't a factor now but it will be one day. Are you looking at adding a machine or replacing a machine?
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM
MTenterprises MTenterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
In comparison of the 2 machines both 52"
TT Pros-great on hills, easy to handle, doesn't scalp, great on bermuda
TT Con-slower than Vride, leaves clumps in wet conditions, cost $9k

Vride Pros- extremely fast, velocity deck, spring ride platform
Vride Con- scalps, not that great on hills, sucks up a lot of gas, oh yeah it SCALPS!


I know that speed isn't a factor now but it will be one day. Are you looking at adding a machine or replacing a machine?
Replacing the vride with turf tracer....possibly. I mow a lot of Bermuda, but as you know in the south, we mow a lot of tall, wet, crap grass sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTenterprises View Post
Replacing the vride with turf tracer....possibly. I mow a lot of Bermuda, but as you know in the south, we mow a lot of tall, wet, crap grass sometimes.
What about keeping both machines? I have my Vride, 52" TT, and 36" TT they each have their strong points.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 PM
MTenterprises MTenterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brandon, MS
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
What about keeping both machines? I have my Vride, 52" TT, and 36" TT they each have their strong points.
I may do that, but the 52 tt is $8100 , so I figured I could get 6 k for the vride and put that down on the tt. I will have to sleep on it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 AM
sjessen sjessen is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,573
How about keeping the vride and adding a used tt?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.07821 seconds with 9 queries