Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

some of these may be out there...

A timer that communicates with a key fob that you only have to program once from your computer and then just hit the key fob button every time after that to set any timer- it can find the time from that radio signal I have heard about, and automatically knows what area of the country you are for sunsets and sunrise, the date, and either does automatically from sunset to midnight, sunset to sunrise. knows whether it is or not daylight saving time. and has a nice 20 year lithium backup battery. and even if the customer presses the timer on manual "on" it will still turn itself back to automatic after 24 hours.

an LED retrofit or fixture that I KNOW will last 20 plus years sunset to sunrise at L70. 100 lumens per watt or more would also be nice. kind of a landscape light version of cree's xps and xps2l street light. ( both have over 100,000 hours L70 and +-100 lumens per watt.)

a spotlight that allows me to adjust the lumen output or adjust flood to narrow spot by turning simple thumb screws. and then lets me remove said thumb screws to keep clients from doing so.

a pathlight with a ball joint on the bottom that lets me rotate , tilt and lock it to be perfectly level with the earth.

while we are at it, a path light that can grow from 12" to 36" without having to add extensions and is lockable once the desired height is met works for me too.

and I would vastly improve the packaging in this industry. I would sell packs of 20-25 spot lights in a box that opens and they all are safely in that same cut out foam that photographers use. stake already assembled on and it has a hammer platform. or surface mount base. and no more dang bubble wrap, popcorn peanuts, plastic bags, wire ties, zip ties, and hundreds of small boxes everywhere.

I would make transformers that were packed safe for shipping but you could actually take them out of the box without 2 people pulling 2 directions.

a camo type finish that changes and blends each light to it's surroundings. I would want a key fob to turn it off so I could find the lights during the day if I wanted to.

a deck puck light that has a wire that somehow finds it way under the deck hidden without me having to drill 6 holes and router wood out behind 4 pieces of trim.

a stake that bends when hammering in that goes around irrigation, telephone, cable lines automatically.

I am sure there is more.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

There are a few solutions to your path light. Nightscaping, Vista, Auroralight, Illumicare... all offer pathlights with telescopic stems. I am sure there are more. Oh, and all of those company's products are fully recognized and listed by NRTLs. Just sayin'

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA