Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #71  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
CreativeLawncareSolutions's Avatar
CreativeLawncareSolutions CreativeLawncareSolutions is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: cincinnati, oh
Posts: 1,592
My FS90r and KM110 start on the first pull. The handheld Stihl blowers (the model # escapes me) sometimes take 2 or 3 pulls.
__________________


F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
THIESSENS TLC's Avatar
THIESSENS TLC THIESSENS TLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 759
I fired up the 600 the other day after sitting all winter on 2 pulls....I also don't drain any gas out of the tanks for winter storage. in fact I fill them right to the top, have done it this way for years on my bikes, sleds, and power equipment....never had a problem.
__________________
_____________
In Due Time...
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM
weesa20 weesa20 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 167
Yup- have stihls from 2004 all the way up- prime, choke, 1-2 pulls and run great- supposedly the stihl synthetic oil in the silver container comes with a built-in fuel stabilizer- that's what I run.
__________________
ExMark Commercial 30
Toro 22"
Stihl FS250- Grass blade
Stihl FS110R- Edger/135* Bar Hedge trimmer
HS 81T
Stihl FS110R- string
Stihl 290 Farm Boss 20" bar
Stihl 361 25" bar
Stihl HT101 Pole Saw
Stihl MM55
Stihl BG86
Stihl BR550
2004 Massey Ferguson GC2300- 2350 Loader w/ toothbar, 60" Kioti Aerator, 48" dethatcher, 60" back blade, 48" box blade, 3PTH pallet forks/carry all, 48" lawn roller
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
mtmower's Avatar
mtmower mtmower is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Western Montana
Posts: 1,111
Maybe I just have lousy luck? Don't know. All the Stihls I've looked at have hard plastic front and rear handles.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Maybe I just have lousy luck? Don't know. All the Stihls I've looked at have hard plastic front and rear handles.
They all have hard front handles, but they've all have rubberized rear handles. I own a couple, my 2011 FS90R and my new (as of a couple weeks ago) FS250R, and I've been looking at literally a few hundred others in the last couple months.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 PM
smallstripesnc smallstripesnc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 679
The echo I had really was giving me too many issues and I was loosing lawns over it so I went with a friends advice and gave Stihl another shot and got a FS100RX. Its a great trimmer. Very light weight and has tons of power. Throttle is smoother than the FS90R and I have to admit it takes some getting used to since its more sensitive than a two stroke but it sips fuel compared to the Echo SRM-230.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 PM
mtmower's Avatar
mtmower mtmower is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Western Montana
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
The echo I had really was giving me too many issues and I was loosing lawns over it so I went with a friends advice and gave Stihl another shot and got a FS100RX. Its a great trimmer. Very light weight and has tons of power. Throttle is smoother than the FS90R and I have to admit it takes some getting used to since its more sensitive than a two stroke but it sips fuel compared to the Echo SRM-230.
Wow bother! I don't know what Echo you were using and how it was bad enough to loose lawns over it. If it ran and it had string in it I'd think you should have been able to keep a customer happy even if it took a little extra time.

As far as the FS100RX goes I'm glad it works for you. I wouldn't use one if someone gave me one for free.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
smallstripesnc smallstripesnc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Wow bother! I don't know what Echo you were using and how it was bad enough to loose lawns over it. If it ran and it had string in it I'd think you should have been able to keep a customer happy even if it took a little extra time.

As far as the FS100RX goes I'm glad it works for you. I wouldn't use one if someone gave me one for free.
It was an Echo SRM-230 and the issue was it wouldn't want to start. The primer bulb wouldn't fill with fuel resulting in it not starting. After about 20 minutes of pulling the recoil and attempting to get the bulb to fill which it never would it would start and keep dying out and eventually the bulb would fill with fuel AFTER it runs for awhile cutting in and out.

So far I love the FS100RX. Way more power than the SRM-230 and very light weight and starts easy.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 PM
weesa20 weesa20 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
It was an Echo SRM-230 and the issue was it wouldn't want to start. The primer bulb wouldn't fill with fuel resulting in it not starting. After about 20 minutes of pulling the recoil and attempting to get the bulb to fill which it never would it would start and keep dying out and eventually the bulb would fill with fuel AFTER it runs for awhile cutting in and out.

So far I love the FS100RX. Way more power than the SRM-230 and very light weight and starts easy.
100rx is a nice machine for dedicated string head use- just can't use any attachments with it
__________________
ExMark Commercial 30
Toro 22"
Stihl FS250- Grass blade
Stihl FS110R- Edger/135* Bar Hedge trimmer
HS 81T
Stihl FS110R- string
Stihl 290 Farm Boss 20" bar
Stihl 361 25" bar
Stihl HT101 Pole Saw
Stihl MM55
Stihl BG86
Stihl BR550
2004 Massey Ferguson GC2300- 2350 Loader w/ toothbar, 60" Kioti Aerator, 48" dethatcher, 60" back blade, 48" box blade, 3PTH pallet forks/carry all, 48" lawn roller
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 AM
CapitalLawn CapitalLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hollywood florida
Posts: 9
Fs 90

I buy my FS 90 for 289 to 319 and they are incredible machines I wish it was a little longer so bend your knees. but you cant beat em.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.08024 seconds with 10 queries