Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Maintenance - Storm Sandy friends

First hopefully everyone's equipment survived the storm so you can work this year. I still know several people waiting on government checks to replace many things lost.

I have a question. I am near the shore of Jersey where we took on a lot of water (salty and sandy crap on soils) but we have had some nice mix of weather warm / cold wet and wild weather. How are your lawns looking to those in the Storm Sandy area?

The lawns that I have that were not covered with sand from the beaches look pretty good. I am only asking as last year I used Sumagreen Turf as treatments on my lawns and many of them are greening up nice compared to in years past. So what I am asking is if you also used Sumagreen turf how are your lawns looking today and if you used something else what do they look like today? I am very impressed with the way things look right now even after all the sand and salt water damage some of these lawns should of got with this storm. I mean the lawns I do not treat do not even come close to what the lawns look like with the Sumagreen.

I am going to go around and take some pictures hopefully today to post because I am truly impressed by what I am seeing.

Again i really hope that everyone hit by Storm Sandy is OK and able to have clients to treat and cut and also had the tools to work this year.

God Bless
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Our lawns are just starting to green up really nice so far.