Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
how do you like the honda push mowers?
Mi take it back, they are good mowers but they are not very heavy duty and the application I use them for exceed their mid term ability. Mix in long, daily hours with abusive conditions, rough terrain, curbs and pavement during transit, and you will find yourself replacing them every year and a half.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i think im going to get one, i only have about 3 yards i need a push mower for but i want one that will last. i think that since im not using it a ton it will last me a long time. its just not worth it for me to buy a $1000 push mower right now. i use them for leaves as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Awesome. Hearing that is a relief. So, you like it then. Pros and cons please.
The only CON I have is the one thing I wish it did better...MULCH! This is not a mulching mower. I just cant bag every yard with it since it will take too much time. I think the Toro double blade system is the best. It does ok in the dead of summer when the grass is'nt as wet. Works great for bagging. I had to lower the handle cause of the way the drive control works. Arms and hands got tired as they seemed too high. I like the big gas tank. The height adjustment works well and easy. I like the Black wheels, kind of neat looking
Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

nice stuff man, lol i got a ferris 48" walk just like yours just heavily used, id like to rehab it in the next year or two, paint stickers the whole 9 yards, and how do you like the ferris hydro walk behind???
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Old 04-23-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

LR3 Do you have any problems with your bags on your fast vac filling up? I have a snapper pro s50x with the fast vac. And the bag on the right will not fill up all the way. I also have a snapper pro sw30 48''. My next rider will be a ferris.

Last edited by Dwittbecker; 04-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Pro-lockers.....invaluable..... these things are the best.....
I second that....
Old 04-23-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

great work and a great thread, subscribing

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
i think im going to get one, i only have about 3 yards i need a push mower for but i want one that will last. i think that since im not using it a ton it will last me a long time. its just not worth it for me to buy a $1000 push mower right now. i use them for leaves as well.
It will serve you well then.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaylawns View Post
The only CON I have is the one thing I wish it did better...MULCH! This is not a mulching mower. I just cant bag every yard with it since it will take too much time. I think the Toro double blade system is the best. It does ok in the dead of summer when the grass is'nt as wet. Works great for bagging. I had to lower the handle cause of the way the drive control works. Arms and hands got tired as they seemed too high. I like the big gas tank. The height adjustment works well and easy. I like the Black wheels, kind of neat looking
Perfect, with care it should last me some time. What really caught my eye were the wheels, rubber as opposed to plastic. Bagging year round in some areas of my property is essential, like the pool yard. My employee is happy. He's looking forward to using it.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmower10 View Post
nice stuff man, lol i got a ferris 48" walk just like yours just heavily used, id like to rehab it in the next year or two, paint stickers the whole 9 yards, and how do you like the ferris hydro walk behind???
If you take care of it, it will take care of you and make you money in the process. I love the hydro. My guys love the hydro, they complained a lot last year and said they would be more productive with it. We shall see.