Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:10 AM
LR3 LR3 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
how do you like the honda push mowers?
Mi take it back, they are good mowers but they are not very heavy duty and the application I use them for exceed their mid term ability. Mix in long, daily hours with abusive conditions, rough terrain, curbs and pavement during transit, and you will find yourself replacing them every year and a half.
__________________
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 276
i think im going to get one, i only have about 3 yards i need a push mower for but i want one that will last. i think that since im not using it a ton it will last me a long time. its just not worth it for me to buy a $1000 push mower right now. i use them for leaves as well.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
greenbaylawns's Avatar
greenbaylawns greenbaylawns is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Awesome. Hearing that is a relief. So, you like it then. Pros and cons please.
The only CON I have is the one thing I wish it did better...MULCH! This is not a mulching mower. I just cant bag every yard with it since it will take too much time. I think the Toro double blade system is the best. It does ok in the dead of summer when the grass is'nt as wet. Works great for bagging. I had to lower the handle cause of the way the drive control works. Arms and hands got tired as they seemed too high. I like the big gas tank. The height adjustment works well and easy. I like the Black wheels, kind of neat looking
__________________
www.Greenbaylawns.com
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 PM
michiganmower10 michiganmower10 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Livingston County, MI
Posts: 190
nice stuff man, lol i got a ferris 48" walk just like yours just heavily used, id like to rehab it in the next year or two, paint stickers the whole 9 yards, and how do you like the ferris hydro walk behind???
__________________
Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
65 accts
Equipment:
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Dwittbecker Dwittbecker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Traverse City MI
Posts: 41
LR3 Do you have any problems with your bags on your fast vac filling up? I have a snapper pro s50x with the fast vac. And the bag on the right will not fill up all the way. I also have a snapper pro sw30 48''. My next rider will be a ferris.

Last edited by Dwittbecker; 04-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
TMAC669 TMAC669 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N/A
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Pro-lockers.....invaluable..... these things are the best.....
I second that....
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 04-23-2013, 04:50 PM
sweetland's Avatar
sweetland sweetland is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pawtucket RI
Posts: 1,439
great work and a great thread, subscribing
__________________
“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
LR3 LR3 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
i think im going to get one, i only have about 3 yards i need a push mower for but i want one that will last. i think that since im not using it a ton it will last me a long time. its just not worth it for me to buy a $1000 push mower right now. i use them for leaves as well.
It will serve you well then.
__________________
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM
LR3 LR3 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaylawns View Post
The only CON I have is the one thing I wish it did better...MULCH! This is not a mulching mower. I just cant bag every yard with it since it will take too much time. I think the Toro double blade system is the best. It does ok in the dead of summer when the grass is'nt as wet. Works great for bagging. I had to lower the handle cause of the way the drive control works. Arms and hands got tired as they seemed too high. I like the big gas tank. The height adjustment works well and easy. I like the Black wheels, kind of neat looking
Perfect, with care it should last me some time. What really caught my eye were the wheels, rubber as opposed to plastic. Bagging year round in some areas of my property is essential, like the pool yard. My employee is happy. He's looking forward to using it.
__________________
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
LR3 LR3 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmower10 View Post
nice stuff man, lol i got a ferris 48" walk just like yours just heavily used, id like to rehab it in the next year or two, paint stickers the whole 9 yards, and how do you like the ferris hydro walk behind???
If you take care of it, it will take care of you and make you money in the process. I love the hydro. My guys love the hydro, they complained a lot last year and said they would be more productive with it. We shall see.
__________________
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.07732 seconds with 10 queries