Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mark View Post
When interviewing a number of them it appears that welfare in Minnesota is paying over 40k per year. One person who applied said she and her husband have two kids and are getting over 80k per year.

I am having a hard time competing with the government.
dang man. i see why they aren't working. why am i working? they get paid more than me to do nothing. isn't america great?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

That's the problem with people today... they don't have to work for money anymore!

Matter of fact I bet the benefits of government assistance would DOUBLE the salary of someone working for min wage.
Health insurance, food, rent, spending money, utility bills, cell phone, transportation, clothing, furniture, household items, the list goes on...

I will work the rest of my life so my children don't become part of the problem that plagues our modern society. It makes me feel like a millionaire when my kids ask for the chance to earn my respect in this "give me more" society. That's a feeling money can't buy and a life worth living...

God bless America!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I love the quote............"Any government powerful enough to give the people all that they want is also powerful enough to take from the people all that they have."........ Republicans have quoted this a number of times.

A couple more that feed into those sitting thee with their hands out waiting
for free money...............

“A government with the policy to rob Peter to pay Paul can be assured of the support of Paul”

”It's illegal to say to a voter “Here's $100, vote for me.” So what do the politicians do? They offer the $100 in the form of Health Care, Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Food Stamps, tobacco subsidies, grain payments, NEA payments, and jobs programs.“
Don Farrar - average guy, age 51
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doin_It View Post
I love the quote............"Any government powerful enough to give the people all that they want is also powerful enough to take from the people all that they have."........ Republicans have quoted this a number of times.

A couple more that feed into those sitting thee with their hands out waiting
for free money...............

“A government with the policy to rob Peter to pay Paul can be assured of the support of Paul”

”It's illegal to say to a voter “Here's $100, vote for me.” So what do the politicians do? They offer the $100 in the form of Health Care, Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Food Stamps, tobacco subsidies, grain payments, NEA payments, and jobs programs.“
Don Farrar - average guy, age 51
exactly spot on with that comment
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

20 an hour for a foreman? Contact me..sold my company last summer and working in banking now
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Its not the economy coming back,,, its the ENTITLEMENTS moving forward... why should I do physical labor and have most of my money taken out in taxes,,, when I can have just as much "take home pay" by doing nothing but filling out papers for gov't handouts...
This forum needs a " like" button. I know people who get 350 a week unemployment and have not worked in over a year. That just aint right.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
This forum needs a " like" button. I know people who get 350 a week unemployment and have not worked in over a year. That just aint right.
And I know people who legitimately cannot find work and their unemployment has ran out and they're on the verge of homelessness. Are some people abusing the system? YES. Most aren't, though. Be glad you live in a country that have these systems in place to help you out when you hit a rough patch.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
And I know people who legitimately cannot find work and their unemployment has ran out and they're on the verge of homelessness. Are some people abusing the system? YES. Most aren't, though. Be glad you live in a country that have these systems in place to help you out when you hit a rough patch.
That's right we are lucky to be in this country and a safety net from the Gov. I was actually referring to some particular people I know that don't even bother looking for a job. That's when it's not right.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see if I get killed for this...20 a hour sounds good for a 40 hour week all year with health insurance, vacation pay, holiday pay and a matching 401k. However 20 dollars a hour working only 8 months a year , rain days with no pay, having to buy health insurance yourself, and supplment your own retirment hmm......makes more sense to work for 12.00 a hour at the piggly wiggly...on the year you would make more...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy View Post
Lets see if I get killed for this...20 a hour sounds good for a 40 hour week all year with health insurance, vacation pay, holiday pay and a matching 401k. However 20 dollars a hour working only 8 months a year , rain days with no pay, having to buy health insurance yourself, and supplment your own retirment hmm......makes more sense to work for 12.00 a hour at the piggly wiggly...on the year you would make more...
Unemployment for 4 months.